Question about "good works" ??? ???

by Kristofer 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leastone
    leastone

BAD FRUITS ACCORDING TO THIS GUYS NEWS NOTICE http://216.6.192.131/tribpub.nb.ca/tribune/pdf/CT0222B04.PDF

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Honesty: I feel that you DO need to say more. Your portrayal of JWs staggers me. I have no desire to ever go back to being any kind of religious believer, but I have to say that my long years of experience with JWs is COMPLETELY at odds with your representation of them. Throughout my time as a JW I was SURROUNDED with countless lovely Christian people. They genuinely loved God, Christ and their fellowman ( as I did too ).

Tell us please, where did you come to the conclusion that JW's were mentioned at all in the following post? The Watchtower is a business masquerading as a benevolent religious organisation. Less than 1000 people are members of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Jehovah's Witnesses, other than those mentioned in the last sentence who are also members of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, are not members of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. If I have offended you in any way I apologise. I know a lot of JW's who are kind and compassionate people. Unfortunately, the Watchtower Society would frown upon and in some cases have them before a Judicial Committee if it was aware of some of the charities they make contributions to such as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and the Red Cross. Need I say more?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scout:
    Just a thought. Don't you think it odd that we had to be instructed at Pioneer School to offer help to householders?

At the School I was at folks came back buzzing about the success and interest they'd had from making such offers. It had never occured to them to offer, before. What does that tell you about how they were raised (in the JWs, incidentally)?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Another thought on this, Scout:

At the School I was at folks came back buzzing about the success and interest they'd had from making such offers. It had never occured to them to offer, before. What does that tell you about how they were raised (in the JWs, incidentally)? LT

Doesn't giving come from the heart?

• scout575
    scout575

Honesty: The members of the WTS are all JWs.I have no reason to believe thet they are any different to the other countless lovely JWs that I knew throughout my 22 years of association with them. I count myself as very privileged to have been in their company for so long. Of course the WTS has made some disasterous mistakes over the years ( what religion hasn't? ). I'm not a JW anymore. I no longer believe the Bible to be inspired of God, and so I will never return to being a JW. I can criticise the WTS as much as I like, but I have to say that the publications of JWs had a very beneficial effect upon me. I'm glad that I read them, and would still read them today.

Whilst I don't deny that many people on this site DIDN'T enjoy their time as a JW, I have to say that I DID. It was obvious to me that most other JWs that I knew were also enjoying being JWs. Most JWs that I knew were genuinely spiritual, loving people. I was given great help, spiritual and practical, throughout my time with them. If the WTS were really as evil as many posters on this site say, I don't think that the JWs who are constantly exposed to their publications would be the good, Christian people that they are.

I know that my views aren't what many people on this site want to hear, but I'm not going to deny what I saw and heard and ENJOYED for so many years amongst JWs, just so that I can 'fit in' with the ethos of this site. Maybe I don't really belong here.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You're entitled to your opinion. If you own it, debate it! And for goodness sake loosen up and enjoy yourself

Personally I loved my time as a JW, as well. I experienced some horrific things, but I also experienced some lovely things, too. I would contest the idea that they are Christians, though. Most that I knew had little care for Christ beyond setting him as an "example".

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

Scout:

I would agree that some here have a negative, too negative perhaps, opinions of jws. I know a lot of nice loving jws. that being said, I have never heard any ask a householder if they need help or really help those outside of the cong. Their idea of helping was leaving a mag. I do remember hearing that going door to door was far more important than helping the poor or hungary(temporary, while preaching would help them forever in paradise.)

Some cong. may be different, but i've heard people be criticized for donating to charities (just put money in the world wide work box).

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Honesty: The members of the WTS are all JWs.

True, but not all JW's are members of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. As a matter of fact, at least 6 million JW's are not members of the Watchtower Society.
    You are entitled to your opinions as to whether or not JW's are Christian. I know of no individual JW who will openly admit that they have been born again. I know of no individual JW who will openly admit that they trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I know on no individual JW who will openly admit that they worship Jesus just as the early Christians did. I know of no individual JW who will openly admit that they have prayed to Jesus. I know of no individual JW or any congregation of JW's who sing praises to Jesus as the early Christians did. However, I know plenty of JW's who agree whole-heartedly with the March 1, 1979 Watchtower Study articles. You may wish to see what those articles have to say about faith. BTW, and just for your information. I pray every day for the salvation of individual Jehovah's Witnesses that I have known over the years. They have been deceived and mislead by an evil organization that views them as disposable liabilities rather than as human beings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit