Muffinman

No.

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

yes!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Great tag-team ya got going there, boys

Why didn't ya just provide a link to a website with those pages, like you were asked, instead of wasting Simon's bandwidth and generally slowing down the site for everyone else?

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    Why didn't ya just provide a link to a website with those pages, like you were asked, instead of wasting Simon's bandwidth and generally slowing down the site for everyone else?

Trust me, I would if there was one in existence. Simon isn't hosting these pages so don't worry about his bandwidth. Since when have you become an IT resource and technical gatekeeper for this site? If you are not too happy about the fact that this stuff is being exposed just say so and stop beating around the bush.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

~sigh~ By all means keeep on "exposing", though it appears to be in the sense of someone with a flasher-mac. If your information was halfway reliable you might find yourself talking to more than just the hand...

Webhosting isn't a difficult business, so why don't you just create a site yourself?

Meanwhile, if I'm not much mistaken, an extra load is placed on Simon's server as it fetches the pictures from your picture hosting account, to display on this site.

• daystar
    daystar
    Meanwhile, if I'm not much mistaken, an extra load is placed on Simon's server as it fetches the pictures from your picture hosting account, to display on this site.

It depends on what sort of caching is involved on the web server. It could be very little load at all. However, it is a pain for all of us users to have all those pages load.

So strictly speaking, he is doing a disservice to the rest of us who click on these threads, though not necessarily to Simon or his server.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankly every DNS lookup is one to many

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    So strictly speaking, he is doing a disservice to the rest of us who click on these threads, though not necessarily to Simon or his server.

The only reason why you would click on these threads is if you were interested in the topic. Now how is that a disservice on my part?

If the value of the information here for you isn't worth the few seconds required for the images to load, maybe you are doing a disservice to yourself for visiting this thread?

• daystar
    daystar
    If the value of the information here for you isn't worth the few seconds required for the images to load, maybe you are doing a disservice to yourself for visiting this thread?

I love you too sweetheart. Muah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit