Possibility vs Probability of JW 'Action'

by VeniceIT 22 Replies latest jw friends

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Yesterday AlanF posted an excellent Parody of WT propoganda. The thread was very interesting and a debate was underway as to whether he was WAY OFF BASE and just saying things out of hatred, or if there is some basis to think it's a possiblity, scary thought.

I have no intention of re-starting or starting a debate at this time (ok who am I and what have I don't to Venice, JK hahhaha). I simply would like to share my insights on the JW attitude toward apostates.

When I was a dedicated JW and had been asked that question by Alan, 'Would you kill apostates if the WTS told you too?' I would have answered that with a resounding YES!!!

The JW's are taught that they are above the law, (Look at the child abuse issue). Just think back over the years at how many have been killed or died due to WT policy, some of which was illegal at the time. The holocaust, and most known the brothers in Malawi. They were breaking the law, so breaking the law or 'Obeying God as Ruler rather then man', is not a foreing notion to them.

Just think if the WTS told the JW's that if an apostate died before Arrmeggedon then they'd be ressurected, and if you did kill one then you'd be there as well (hmmm starting to sound Islamic)? How many of us would have to go into the 'Witness Protection Program'? I know I sure would. You see here's one example of why.

Last year my sister knew something was up, we'd been doing a lot of research esp on 607. That's ALL SHE KNEW. and yet when we got back from our vacation and she turned us in and we talked to her and told her how we felt she said and I quote, "I PRAYED THAT YOU WOULD ALL DIE IN A PLANE CRASH!!!" You see in her mind if we'd crashed and burned before taking a stand we'd have been ressurected, but as she sees it now there is NO CHANCE for us. If she was told in the future that if we were killed we'd still have a chance, then I have NO DOUBTS whatsoever that my JW family would try and hunt me down. I know I sure would have. Your everlasting eternity is at stake!!!

One of my VERY DEAR friends that I talk to last year said this to me. "Be glad your not in the 1st century or we'd all have to stone you". You see it's right on their minds that they would if they could, if they change a few ideas like in Alan's WT article and it's not such a long shot. JW's have gone to prison before for following the WTS, I bet they'd think the end must REALLY BE NEAR, what to do they have to lose, they'll make it to Paradise for sure!

Ven

I wonder if you could count your time stalking, hunting and killing apostates??? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Oh Well!!!

• Makena
    Makena

So much for (paraphrased) - "Stand still and see the salvation of Jehovah" prophecy.

Lots of pent-up mob violence mentality?

Making application to the witness protection program as I post this.

• Tina
    Tina

(((((vennie)))))))))
    How horrible and disgusting that they would think that,let alone SAy it to you! Just when I think I can't be amazed-I am! luv ya,T

• Francois
    Francois

Hi Ven/Tina

You know, when I read Alan's stuff the other day, I didn't note the date on the "article" and since Alan's been away, I really didn't connect up all the dots. When I got to the part about killing apostates, I took it seriously! What a dope! Alan really is good, isn't he? And I wouldn't put it past the society to do something like that. In fact, a friend of mine asked a rabid JW once if the society announced in a Watchtower that all JWs were to arm themselves and on a certain date were to go to a catholic church during services and open fire, would the witness do it. And the guy replied, "That's not going to happen, but if it was in the WT, I WOULD do it."

Scary. Very scary.

I think it's related to mob courage. In ones and twos, JWs can hardly get the gumption to go door to door. In crowds, they've got the courage of Sampson.

Hugs to my favorite posterettes.

Francois

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((francoise)))))))))
    Alan is TOO good sometimes isn't he? lol Good to see you hun.luv,T

• Lindy
    Lindy

Hi Ven,
    I have to agree with you. When my own brother was DF many years ago, I was extremly upset that my Mom even talked with him, let alone sat down and ate with him and freely associated with him. She was smart. She used the excuse that my Father was not a JW and he was the head of the household so she could have my brother over. I was so gung ho on this that I even tried to get the brothers involved in "doing something about it!" I was terrified that if we didn't shun him, he would not come back "in" and he would die at the big A. But that is how you are taught. You shun and turn people in because you are told that if you don't you are unworthy of God's love and the fear of the Big A and not getting into Paradise looms over you. Never once during that time did I question such practices.

In the "good ole JW days" of my time in, apostates were the lowest things on the earth. The Society has the brs and strs thinking that the there simply isn't any thing more evil and slimmier, and more hated by God than Satan. We used to joke about running them over on the way out of the summer conventions while they stood there handing out tracks to us as we drove slowly by. Christian, huh? The hate for "apostates" and who they were was ingrained in us. That way no one would ever listen to one if they are a good JW, or take their literature and thus would never be "led" astray...heaven forbid. That is one way that the Society uses to rope and tie the flock that is now in their "keeping", among many ways.

When my niece was DF she was told that she was as good as dead if she was to continue to practice her gay life style. The elders told her so in their meeting with her. Loving huh? Broke her heart that these men who had shown her such love as a pioneer for many years, now turned on her and condemned her like a mad pack of dogs. By that time though, I had seen the "light" and was there to help her and give unconditional love.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Venice,
    Thank you for posting this shocking but true life experience that gets right into the mind of the typical witness.
    I used to be one who had this terrible thinking.I remember one small example.My husband and I were very close to his grandfather.He was such a good man but he never showed interest in becoming a witness.When he died, I remember us holding much of the grief at bay by saying that it was for the best because he would be resurected and have a chance at everlasting life instead if being destroyed at armagedon!
    It hurts so, to be on the receiving end of this type of thinking ond more upsetting still to realize you used to be just like that.
    We've come around so maybe more of our friends and family will too.I know you miss them very much.
    Ranchette

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I read Alan's "article" and I was buying it as for real also. Now I have re-read it and it is an excellent piece of work. Alan, you are good bro!
    Scary in a way, because while I strongly disagree that JW's will ever be ordered to physical violence they could very well be unofficially motivated to action against "apostates". Even Brooklyn couldn't find a way to start having "apostates" killed by the publishers. But they very well could make our lives hell if they wanted to. Surveillance, harassment at work and on the internet and telephone, vandalism of our homes and vehicles. Think your mail is safe? Nope. They could raid your mailbox easily, and a post office box probably isn't safe if a JW works at the post office. Realize that Witnesses work for businesses such as the credit reporting agencies, insurance companies, banks, hospitals, the local board of education, and even the IRS. You really don't know WHO sees your name and recognizes it.
    That article of Alan's is not so much humor as a warning.
    mike.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Who says laws are necessarily right? Did you ever hear of civil disobedience? Those willing to challenge the law have made great contributions to civil society.

The question isn't whether some JW's could kill "apostates". There are probably some "apostates" who would be quite willing to kill JW's.

The question centers around the probability that the Watchtower would write the kind of article Alan wrote - urging its members to kill "apostates". There is nothing in their official history that would indicate this is likely.

They have chosen death and imprisonment rather than "kill" as the mainstream religions have done. They are famous for their stand on these issues.

With me I wouldn't kill someone even if Jehovah told me to. I would politely suggest that he give his enemies a good case of piles. Hey! it worked before...so they say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit