Prejudice and being a JW

by MrMoe 21 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

Mr Moe: "Prejudice stems from fear"

This is generalist BS thinking - ever consider that we do not have to like some people (in this statement when I use the word "WE" I mean mankind in general - not JW's). Who says everyone has to like everyone else?

How do you determine the difference between blatant dislike from prejudice?

I dislike plenty of people - that make me prejudiced? Probably (according to your generalist thinking) - but it is NOT because I am fearful of them.

One could just as easily turn your BS reasoning around as follows:

Anyone who does not have the fortitude to dislike (I figure this fits your definition of prejudice) someone else does so out of FEAR for being called prejudiced.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Mr. Moe,

I've notice this in this thread as well as your other thread about women. You base opinions on what seems like only things you've experienced firsthand.

It seems - your mother is the typical submissive elder's wife. It seems - you feel your husband get's his way most of the time with decisions. You claim - you are emotional when you're on the rag. So therefore you think then that women are submissive, aren't logical thinkers and can't make wise decisions when they're on the rag. Obviously from other people's post that's not necessarily the truth.

It seems your father was prejudiced. You haven't seen black brothers as elders. Therefore you think then that JW's won't let black men be elders, all JW's are pretty much racists, and they are more prejudiced than other religions. Obviously, from other people's experiences that's not necessarily correct.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational with this comment. But widen your scope of vision. You'll see that the world is not just what you see or what you've experienced. It is so much more!

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit