Different kind of MAN thread: Does money matter?

by serendipity 14 Replies latest social relationships

• lola28
    lola28
    I don't care about money, if a person is hardworking thats all that really matters.

I agree.

When the time comes to discuss alimony, a man wants the woman to be earning more than him.

Thats why prenups are a must.

lola

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi John Doe,

I'll admit that a woman with money makes me a tad uncomfortable. It has nothing to do with her, but it makes me feel inadequate somehow.

I applaud your honesty and self-awareness. A lot of men feel the need to be the provider and protector of women. That's nothing to be ashamed of, as long as your actions are consistent with your values - i.e. you don't date a wealthy woman and make her life miserable because of your self-perceived inadequacy.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi atypical,

How old are you and how old are the men you know? I had a theory that younger men would be more comfortable with an affluent woman than older men.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I find myself changing more every day. I've yet to determine what I value, and I'm still rooting things out that were based on values I no longer hold. That tends to make me a handful for any person. I think it's a trait of leaving an organization like the jw's. Actually, this is exactly why I've chose to remain single as long as I have. However, I do retain one trait that I think will outlast the sum of my personality--I don't quit and I am successful at most anything I put my efforts into. Cautious and thoroughly analytical, I really don't think I would make anyone miserable. But you have to consider the source on that statement. ;-)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I like women with money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit