WTF was I thinking...

by DigitalFokus 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

It's in 330ish in the morning and I can not sleep. My mind has been racing due to my impending move to Nowheresville,MN where my roots lie. And I was thinking of all the dumbass shit I have done, and its makes me ponder "WTF was I thinking then and how in the hell did I make myself believe that doing whatever was a good idea".

It is funny how hindsight is 20/20 and just getting clearer and clearer as you get older. I am sure in 10 more years I will look back and think I was full of shit now too.

Sometimes choices you make when your a young immature kid can really come back to haunt you.

just some thoughts from my sleepless mind.

I need some sleep.

• luna2
    luna2

I can't sleep either. I've also been doing some looking back...ugh. I do nothing but make crappy choices...over and over and over. LOL I keep doing things that take me years to recover from. The last big dumbass decision was almost 14 years ago when I decided to move to CT (nothing against the state, its great) to work with my parents. What the h*ll was I smoking?

You are young, Digital. Hope all your future choices turn out well for you. Good luck with your move.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I don't know what dumb ass things you've done in the past DF - but you sure seem to be done with that phase.

Moving to nowheresville to be with your son seems like the most mature thing anyone who is a dad could do. That little boy is quite an accomplishment. Seems to me you know when to be dumb ass and have some fun and when to be a grown up. besides, who HASN'T been a dumbass before?!

good luck on your move.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Moving to nowheresville to be with your son seems like the most mature thing anyone who is a dad could do.

I heard that. You have my respect in doing that. Most of the guys I grew up with and hang with to this day would'nt even consider doing that. If I was in your place I would do the same as well.

Good luck man.

jojochan.

• frosstykiss
    frosstykiss

I know the feeling of moving back to nowhere ville.

A couple years back I made teh decission to move back to the area I grew up in. I hated it growing up there and so

many ghost I would have to face once I got there. well I have done better then I even thought. and I guess I am finally setteling down now. its not as bad as I thought. and now trying to get myself back together and get back on the right path again. hope it works out good for you.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Hey DF.

One of the funniest and profound things I ever heard was this comedian who said, "at any point in my life I could look back at myself five years before and think, WHAT AN A-HOLE I WAS!!! Then one day it dawned on me THAT MEANS I AM AN A-HOLE RIGHT NOW!!!"

That's the way it goes dude.

CYP

• deneranys
    deneranys

In five years, you'll look back, but I doubt that moving to be with your son will be one of those a-hole moments that we all seem to have...

• greendawn
    greendawn

DF so what are some of the things that you regret if I may ask? This is all a natural part of growing up looking back you find many things you did in the distant past as being immature.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Someone very close said to me that if you keep looking backwards thats the direction you will continue going in; concentrate on your future and stop giving yourself a hard time, we have all made mistakes, they form part of the learning process!

DB74

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

If it's any consolation, there aren't many people who get past their twenties and don't think they could have made better choices; regret isn't exclusive to witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit