They Really ARE Drones

by BoozeRunner 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

On my way to a bus this a.m., I happened upon a mother and two sons (I think) doing streetwork with their magazines. The oldest son(he appeared to be about 15 years old) approached me and began his presentation with the 8/01 WT and its companion Awake mag.

As I listened to him, I couldnt help but notice that there was no joy nor excitement in his voice. It was just a rehearsed presentation delivered in a monotone way.

How could the "TROOF THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE" motivate someone so little when telling others about it? I get way more excited over far lesser events and/or news.

He was just a poor misguided DRONE, who @ 15 should be doing other things with his life. Better still, it was ONLY about 7:45 a.m.-he shoulda been in bed. Here it is, the last week b4 school starts-the end of summer for youths, and hes selling magazines on the streets.

He probably was surprised that I actually took the mags(I just wanted to see what kind of drivel is being spewed lately, LOL).

In conclusion, WHAT A WASTE of young adulthood.

Boozy

• Tina
    Tina

AMEN Brother Boozy!!
    Truly a waste of their time and everyone else's luv ya,T
    (gawd,I remember those presentations)

• worf
    worf

Hey Bro,

I see the same thing here in Jamaica NY. No joy just apathetically trying to hand out literature that they don't even read.Disgusting.
    Remember the 100th anniversary issue in 1979 where it talked about how Jehovah has been using the Watchtower magazine for 100 years?
    Well, I think NOT!!!!
    Worf

• Prisca
    Prisca

If he's already 15 and totally unexcited by the "Truth", there is a very good chance he'll leave by the time he is 18.

Witnessing at 7.45am??? Poor kid. His mother can be blamed if he does eventually leave. Let the kid enjoy his last week of vacation.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Yep, that is what I see the most these days, uninspired JWs going somewhat morbidly about their preaching duties.

Boozy

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Worf, dont you remember OUR days in Jamaica? I seem to remember a much happier group of JWs-adults and youths alike when out in FS.

Boozy

• joelbear
    joelbear

Booze,

You should have started a conversation with him. Asked him why he seemed so unhappy. Use the opportunity to wake him up a little bit.

Lets not just poke fun at these poor people, lets try and nudge them into happiness.

Never know how you could change someone's life.

hugs

Joel

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hi Joel,

I wanted to do just that, but my bus was approaching, and I had to make my connection to the next train.

Boozy

• worf
    worf

Yeah Booze I remember.But I guess that was because "The End" was not yet but it was "coming soon" and we were so strongly under the cult mind control and it was us against the world and we just "knew" the Creator was behind the org and we were doing the "work" he had assigned us to do and we were just so happy, happy, happy.
    UNTIL OUR CONSCIENCE MOTIVATED US TO QUESTION, QUESTION, QUESTION.
    Worf

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Boozerunner,(love your name)!

They do seem too robotic at times. I recently had an experience in my cong(among many others), that really drove it home. A friend of mine in the cong. is getting married soon. A lady in our cong. decided that she would give the bridal shower. Well, apparently the bride to be did not have much say about who would be invited I guess. I don't get that, seeing as how it is HER wedding, anyway, I have not been real regular at meetings, but am still friendly with the bride to be. The woman hosting the shower refused to invite myself and many others. Her reasoning? I have not been regular at meetings. Now, the woman who hosted this is not that"strong" herself. I was infuriated and still am. Why the bride did not stand up I do not know. But I was told by someone that this sister who hosted the party does things by "the book". How ridiculous. I have never been so insulted.

My point being that they do things so mechanically without giving thought to the persons feelings, or the reality of the situation. I am in good standing with the cong. In no way am I a bad associate for anyone. Why can't we be judged based upon who we are? I will say it again-I know many people who never miss a meeting but they are complete idiots and have no personality- I guess drones.

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit