what do you belive

by jak3 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jak3
    jak3

Hello I am not a Jw but would like to know what is it that you belive and why and how you prove it bibliclay and what any of you think of the teachings good or bad is welcomed thank you

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

that is a such a loaded question!

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Hon, just to let you know, this is an ex-JW site for the most part. I think that some of our opinions are biased because we do not believe in what the religion entails anymore. And Kris is right... it is a very loaded question. I guess everyone's beliefs will vary on this site. As for me, I'm to the point, where I'm not sure what I believe when it comes to being a JW. I know that something that tears families apart and has use false dates isn't something that I think God would want me to believe in. But I think I do believe in a higher being, whether it is god or not, I'm not 100% sure yet. I have my whole life now to figure that out.

• still angry
    still angry

Ha! Loaded question is right. But since you seem to genuinely want an opinion, here goes:

The JW's basic belief is that they own the rights to the "true" religion. They do not believe in heaven or hell, they believe tha when you're dead, you're dead, period. If you're not a JW, you are part of the "world" and are a dead man walking. Only those who are righteous in the eyes of Jehovah, the elders and anyone else that gets a mediocre of political power in the congregation, will get to survive Armegeddon and go on to live in a Paradise on Earth.

Ahhh, politics. Of which JW's have a lot of. There is a definite hierarchy of power that must be followed and obeyed if you are to gain entrance into the Paradise. It doesn't matter if the hierarchy is corrupt and evil, you must learn to expect and endure this, as they will tell you that they are just mere men and prone to mistakes. But nevertheless! their will prevails anyway. Now if you are a woman, there is only one way to gain any true power. Well, two actually. One is to be married to a man with power such as a Presiding Overseer or an elder or sometimes even a ministerial servant. The other sure way is to become a full time pioneer, shuffling around door to door in all kinds of forsaken weather. Then you may assuredly crack into the henhouse and cackle away with all the other self righteous do gooders that cast judgement on all others of their sex in the kingdom hall. You may even be able to "get away" with serious indescretions that would most certainly toss any other lowly individual out on their butt. This goes for anyone in any power position, really, unless you are really indiscreet.

Now comes the true test. You must disassociate yourself with ANYONE that is not a JW. Parents, children, brothers, sisters. You have a new and improved family, actually calling themselves brothers and sisters. If you happen to be married to a non believer, well, pity on you, for you will never be truly trusted. You live with evil itself, for pity's sake! You must also attend the pluthera of meetings, service meetings, bible studies, personal bible studies, assemblies, etc., etc., etc. These are guaranteed to make your mind numb, of which is the entire point. You are not allowed to think for yourself or seriously question anything that you may hear. You will be told over and over and over how evil everyone is that is not a JW. This does two things: One, eventually gives you a superiority complex over the "world" and two, makes you live in fear of doing anything percieved as "wrong" by anyone in the hierarchy.

This is where they got you. They have effectively isolated you from anyone that only has your best interests in mind, and are now controlling you through persistent "brainwashing". You become afraid of the outside "world" and it's influence on you, therefore, pushing you deeper into their control. The "You are better than them" feeling also gives you a sense of real fear that you may not have this advantage if you do something wrong and get kicked out.

Why? Why do they do this? Do some minor research and you will notice with amazing clarity that this organization owns a lot of real estate and has some seriously good fiscal returns. And if that's not enough, ask yourself why an educated person stays as an underpaid manager or some other position of authority. I always liken it to Walmart managers personally. They get paid crapola wages, are worked to death, but have extreme power over the little people and would get thrown out from any reputable company that treats their employees well. They get in it and stay in it for POWER.

Well, this is my brief overview of JW's. Continue to read and you will get an overall education in the day to day nuances of their bull$hit.

Hope this helps you.

• poppers
    poppers

Hey, Still Angry - now, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel! Good post.

poppers,
    A fellow Wisconsonite

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Well, Here's a few for ya,

1. Jesus isn't God, but the son of God

2. the kingdom is a government with Jesus and 144,000 humans that will reign in heaven for 1000 years.

3. The earth will be transformed into a paradise

4 . the soul is the entire being

5. the spirit is the life force and is impersonal like electricity is

6. Hell or Ghenna is permanent death

7. Hades is the common grave

8. Satan is ruler of world, goverments..everything but their organization.

There's a few..Message me if you want the scriptures.....

• still angry
    still angry

Hi, Poppers! Really, I tried to stay neutral. There were many more mean things I could've said, so I stayed with the nice comments.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

they believe in brainwashing the flock into believing the stupidest things in the world... they believe in lacing their literature with coccaine so once u get your hands on it, you cant stop... they believe that everyone is stupid enough to follow... they believe that everyone but them deserves to die... the list goes on, none of it is good..

the infamous one

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Hello I am not a Jw but would like to know what is it that you belive and why and how you prove it bibliclay and what any of you think of the teachings good or bad is welcomed thank you

Welcome to the board, jak3. I believe with all my heart that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and its affiliated group, who label themselves as The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses are pawns in the hands of Satan. The Watchtower Society is a multimillion $ publishing and real-estate corporation that consistently lies and misleads its followers through the pages of magazines and books that glorify the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses as some mystical "Faithful Discreet Slave" who Jesus appointed to spiritually feed humankind. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society denies Christ in every way possible and at the same time claims to be comprised of His only true followers on earth.

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

"I Just Believe In Me" - John Lennon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit