The Tetragram (YHWH)

by RevFranklin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Very interesting, RevFrank. When the WTS shoved the "divine name" (or well, one of them) into the NT, they made sure once and for all that there would never remain any truly intelligent people in the JW-religion. The "divine name" was never in the NT, and it was long gone when the NT-texts were written.

"Sophia of Jesus Christ" (50-200 CE):

Matthew said to him: "Lord, no one can find the truth except through you. Therefore teach us the truth."

The Savior said: "He Who Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world until now, except he alone, and anyone to whom he wants to make revelation through him who is from First Light. From now on, I am the Great Savior. For he is immortal and eternal. Now he is eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. Since no one rules over him, he has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another."

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why would a so called Christian religion be so obsessed with the Jewish God of the Old Testament instead of Christ? Unless they wish to put the emphasis on the Mosaic Covenant rather than the Covenent of Christ.

Thus the JWs are the organisation of Jehovah and not the Church of Christ.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I take it that God is greater than Christ..and they are co rulers...for now. So the credit should go to God mostly...Don't buy the idea that Jesus is God..And glory too should go to God first, Jesus second..

• job
    job

Trevor,

Queen of England you said..............thanks,Now which QUEEN was that? Dont say her name that would be tooooooooo helpful,and by the way its toooooooo holy,just use a special code only you know.

my head is hurting again LOVE JOB

• RevFranklin
    RevFranklin

ok unclebruce...........what ever happen to simon??????

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Goofy dubs,

I like the one: "we call Jehovah our father by his name"

Yeah, Im going to call my dad by his first name. (if he were alive)

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Actually, dad's real name is Hank. Thanks for playing though.

• jhine
    jhine

Marked for reading

Jan

• prologos
    prologos
    As today's daily text says" "--I have made your name made MANIFEST--" Jesus in John 17:6., but he never used it himself, in the record, so why should we? It is, after all, on the manifest only.
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat
    Also marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit