Respect Jehovah's Authority, one crazy WTS Video!

by drew sagan 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

My JW mother...compared me to Korah the other day. I guess the org is Moses in her eyes. Funny you should bring that up. Who is Korah? Us or the Org?

I am more concerned with Jesus and His opinion than mine or theirs on the matter.

I don't think there would be much room for arguement or disagreement on His opinion.

IMO

• ezra
    ezra

amen to respecting jehovahs authority

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Yeah, isn't that the one about Korah? Basically, it leads you through the whole "questioning, then murmuring, then speaking against, then all of a sudden the ground is opening and you are dying a violent death" scenario. I found it highly disturbing even when I was not yet questioning much about the org.

I remember that one and the dc that introduced it. It was the gb's attempt at squashing murmuring. meagan

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Hmmm......my 83 year old JW dad who was struggling with severe depression and was overwrought by the fact that my family and I had recently walked away from the WTS had borrowed a VCR from some one in the congregation just so he could watch that video. He had made a suggestion that I watch it too, but I declined. Anyway, he had just watched it days before he committed suicide.

It may have been the clincher for him, who knows.

After his death, I had to find out who he had borrowed the tape and VCR from and return it. When I did, they were less than enthused to have to have any contact with me, having no doubt judged me as the wolf among the sheep. They told me when they wouldn't be home and said to just leave it on the porch.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When the elders here saw that I was beginning to have questions of an evil nature, they came over and played the video at my house. I became furious after the fact. It was part of the 'sense that something is wrong here'. Still hadn't got my hand on the ejection seat handle, but wasn't long after that.

The correlation between Moses and local elders always did infuriate me - I could never see anything remotely scriptural in that position.

I might still have a copy somewhere, but I think I got it out of the house. DEMUNZ you know!

Jeff

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If someone sends me a copy of the DVD I'll rip it to MPG and host a copy for all to see.

(If you can stomach it)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    They told me when they wouldn't be home and said to just leave it on the porch.

I hope you left it at the end of the drive way... just within the property line.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I hope you left it at the end of the drive way... just within the property line.

Or in the middle of the driveway. It would make a nice crackle when you drove over it.

Jeff

• 4JWY
    4JWY
    We need to follow the leadership in the local congregation without question. It is hard on stressing the point that we need to respect the authority that Jehovah gives to imperfect men.

The suicide note read in part:

"I tried.

Hope for the best. I weakened."

Elsewhere & AK - yep.....or I shoulda stuck in the Dateline tape at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit