Big Dog celebrates 1 Year at JWD

by Big Dog 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Logged in to see what was happening and just realized its been one year to the day since I registered here. Kind of amazing. This was the first internet forum I had ever joined. I was raised a JW but was never baptized and walked away from it after high school and never looked back, 98% of my family is still in. 20 some years out and I'd never had occasion to talk with anyone else that had left the Borg, which in retrospect is kind of amazing. Then I found this place and it was refreshing even after all of that time to get to hear other experiences and realize I wasn't as alone in my journey through life as I always thought I was.

This place has been great for me, first thanks to Simon for creating such a place, and thanks to all the people that I have met here that have helped me sort of complete my journey out of the Borg, deferred as it has been. I have made many friends here (and probably some enemies, lol), some that have transcended the board into real life and it has been wonderful, knowing now that I can talk with someone that has a shared experience when I need to.

To everyone here that I have interacted with thanks for the support, wisdom, and humor that you have extended to me. I want to name names but I don't want to offend anyone that I would forget.

To everyone here, Salut!!! and many happy returns.

• Legolas
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Roughly shakes the fur on Big Dog's neck, "That's a good boy!"

[throws stick toward two more years] "Go get it, boy!"

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mouthy
    mouthy

I cant do all those clever things those above me did but I can say

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ENJOY YOUR COMPANY HERE

• rocketman
    rocketman

Great having you aboard for an entire year Big Dog.

Btw, I think Big Dog is a cool username.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

(((((Big Dog))))) I loved what you wrote. It's always nice to know that there are alot of other people out there that are dealing with some of the same things we are or have been through. I always enjoy your contributions to this site. I hope you will be sticking around for alot longer.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Big Dog

In a small outside cafe..........along the canals of Venice, a woman sits with the breeze blowing the skirt of her dress, delicately. Her face hidden under a larged brimmed hat......

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You're a real asset to the board, BD. Glad you've stuck around!

Dave

• luna2
    luna2

Happy JWD Anniversary, Big Dog!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! I've always enjoyed your posts. Glad you're here.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit