Matt.27: 51-54 Do you remember WT saying these were bodies tossed about?

by whyizit 15 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

in case you're interested, here's a treatment of the subject from a Christian apologetic site: http://www.christian-thinktank.com/oddrise.html

• greendawn
    greendawn

If they were resurrected then that would have been recorded somewhere in history as an extraordinary phenomenon, but it appears like something mythical, perhaps someone made a later addition?

• whyizit
    whyizit

This was very helpful. Thanks!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

A digression,

When Jesus was being pummelled then crucified where was Lazarus? Did he not come to pay his respects to the person that gave him back his life?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Spectrum,

Some hold that Lazarus was the beloved disciple and he was there...

I'd rather say that the characters and events are only text-deep, and wondering what they are doing when they are not mentioned is idle.

(Btw there is no Lazarus in Matthew anyway.)

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Text deep - true but the authors are trying to pass it off as a real life drama so finding omissions like, what was Lazarus doing when his saviour was having a hard time of it, allows you to question the validity of the story from yet another angle.
    If the person's life that saved me was in danger I'd move heaven and earth to save him. It just shows that the Lazarus story was just that a feel good story and one to give the Christ his divine powers.
    I thought the beloved disciple was John

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit