how do i get a divorce when no one has.......

by jazz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jazz
    jazz

commited adultery my wife and i are headed in that direction what should i tell the brothers? we are doing so because she just doesnt trust me anymore ?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hard to say. Not too many details to go on here...

Andi

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Jazz,

Try to save your marriage. Ask her why she don't you trust anymore?

• seven006
    seven006

Jazz,

If you take Fred's advice and ask your wife, and I quote: "why she don't you trust anymore" she will think you are on drugs and divorce your ass in a second.

Just a thought

Dave

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Seven006,

Now I can see why your marriage are in shambles or not married. Communication is very important in the marriage.

• YHWHWho
    YHWHWho

Very good Fredhall, communication is very important in the marriage. It's also very important other places as well. Such as this forum. Why don't you go to http://www.hop.com . I think this would be very helpful for you so that perhaps you could get a grip on the english language, and perhaps you could learn to communicate here.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Just leave the club.
    They'll advise her to divorce you. They will even help her find another sucker.

JRP

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jazz,

Technically you CAN get a divorce. But according to the Bible as interpreted by JW's, you cannot remarry after the divorce, unless one or the other then commits adultery. So by taking the route of divorce, you'd open up yourself & her to temptation.....

But humans being what they are, that situation wouldn't last long and you'd soon be free.

Sorry to hear this about your marriage. It's a hard emotional turmoil to go through. People shouldn't have to go through all this, life is too short. *sigh*

Are you intent on staying a JW? Is that important to you? What about your wife? Just curious. (Like Andi said, there isn't enough info in your post.)

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Jazz,

In the weird logic of the WTS you can get divorced without repercussions as long as you don’t remarry or commit fornication. Instead sleep with your ex-wife after the divorce after which you will have committed fornication and thus are scriptually free to divorce and remarry. You might get DF’d but the number of partners doesn’t go up and your excuse would be sleeping with the person your weren’t scriptually separated from.

This is not serious solution just the bizarre way of getting around WTS rules and regulations. It all depends on what you really want from your marriage, life and JW association.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• julien
    julien

would you be DF for sleeping with your ex if neither of you were 'scripturally free' to remarry?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit