Adam the beginning of the end for God.

by IMustBreakAway 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

If i remember there is major doubt that mosses wrote "in the beginning" anyway. Isn't there some evidence of it being plagiarized from another earlier or similar document?

• daystar
    daystar

Rex

He was an atheist that ended up dead from suicide, right?

and your point is? Rather silly, since he died from pneumonia and not suicide.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Myth has it's basis in fact by very definition. The fall of man is a simple story that explains why the world has gone so wrong. It is intentionally simple in order to appeal to all people.
    >hen a talking snake tells a naked woman how to be like God and the screwup takes off them there. To any logical minded person the story of Adam is the begginning of the end for god. Myths are only good for mythical gods.
    Your own analysis betrays a wooden literalism that misses the point of the text. I guess if you want to believe that none of scripture is valid you will find reasons for doing so. My faith is built on the person of Christ: the historical evidence that it is He whom I carry on conversations with in prayer; that He answers prayer; and that the resurrection confirms His testimony in scripture. I try to interpret scripture consistently and in the light of His revelation.
    The insight of scripture shows that each one of us have a dark side: a howling madman who is held in check only by the teachings of what's 'right and wrong' and the power of the state to enforce justice. Have you ever had 'murder in your heart'?
    God doesn't give us justice, He grants us mercy and grace.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit