Advice please re Police blunder

by katiekitten 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard

Can't do anything but reaply for the next round .

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Positive discrimination in the UK is almost certainly unlawful and contrary to Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and Race Relations Act 1976; however the timelimits in relation to presenting a claim to an Employment Tribunal are extremely complex and there are now pre action requirements which need to be addressed before issuing a claim.

You could serve statutory questionaires on the organisation for both sex and race discrimination; which would serve the purpose of obtaining documentation relevant to the issues of selection and other areas that maybe of concern. If you would like more information about this then pm or email me!

DB74

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

A friend of mine recently gave up joining the police because he's too white and male. He's joining the fire service instead.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Thank you for your advice. Frannie, even though we dont have those organisations in the

• jgnat
    jgnat

The only people who would be ALLOWED to tell you anything would be the Public Relations/Communications office or equivalent. Write to them. You will receive the officially approved response.

Why do it if you know what you'll get back?

These communications offices tally the complaints for their bosses. These bosses are the ones who review policy and have the power to reverse their decision. If they get enough kick-back, they might reverse the decision.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Goddam commies. It's their fault, no, really (well, i think so, anyway).

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

I notice a spokesman has recommended that deselected candidates reapply. I take this to mean they know they made a mistake, but for legal reasons, can't back down. So you can "get around" their little error by reapplying.

You may also inquire with the "Equal Opportunities Commission"

[email protected]

http://www.eoc.org.uk/

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Jgnat,

thanks for your research. Unfortunately my last post got cut in half for some reason, but I finally managed to contact EOM who have said they are arranging a meeting with lawyers over this.

I will research the advice about reapplying, thank you so much.

• slugga
    slugga

The same sort of thing is happening in police forces all over the country. I know for sure it has happened in the strathclyde police force, and serving officers are angry about it.

• Ellie
    Ellie

A request under the freedom of infomation act should get you the infomation you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit