Good and Evil...

by Brigid 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brigid
    Brigid

OMG! Daystar, yes! Have you then studied the Genesis account from a Kabbalistic view? I think you would enjoy it very much. It's now my favorite book of the bible. Also, do you think that Moses may have been an Egyptian magician/priest? Do you think that Yud Heh Vav Heh is separate from Yahweh?

Thanks!
    ~Brigid

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Brigid

Is it black and white that you have a problem with? Or the shades of grey?

D Dog

• daystar
    daystar

brigid

I'm glad someone else commented here or I would have totally missed this.

OMG! Daystar, yes! Have you then studied the Genesis account from a Kabbalistic view? I think you would enjoy it very much

No, I haven't. Hmmm... I might enjoy it. But I could probably achieve much the same effect reading (studying) Robert Anton Wilson's Illuminati Trilogy or Schoedinger's Cat. (Actually, I have done so before. Shazaam!!)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Rather than the moralistic/religious words "good" and "evil" I prefer to think in terms of "helpful", "harmful" then "harmless" for anything that can't be labled one of the other two. Do we really need to have more than that?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Pete

I prefer to think in terms of "helpful", "harmful" then; "harmless"

They describe someones actions, how about someones intent?

D Dog

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey...

I think Good and Evil do exist...in all variations and degrees..

Good = Love, Truth, Peace, Compassion, Justice, unselfishness.

Evil = The opposite of all these things....

• Brigid
    Brigid

Good = Love, Truth, Peace, Compassion, Justice, unselfishness.

Evil = The opposite of all these things....

But how do you determine which category these fit into? Based on the way you feel about them?

What if "peace" comes at the price of allowing genocide (i.e., the infamous appeasement of Neville Chamberlain to Hitler of "peace in our time")?

These are the things I'm still struggling with. HOW do we define what is evil and what is good.

~Brigid

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Okay, I see what you mean....so sometimes...we have to FIGHT for these things.. so it's not that simple....Maybe it's that these things, I mentioned can be our objective but to get there takes some fighting and unrest. ????

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Brigid,

"Good" and "evil" are conceptual abstracts that differ from mind to mind.

What seems like meaningful and important intellectualizing on life's deeper questions, is really just a ruse. It's just more of the mind thinking a "self" into reality, as it weaves an identity out of gathered beliefs, judgments, questions, assumptions and other concepts.

Do you want to find the answer to life's conundrums? You won't find it in the mind. Investigate instead within the silent pool of present moment reality and the most intimate senses of being and existing. Who/what, are you, really?

Discover your true-identity, and all else will fall into place.

j

• acadian
    acadian

Hello Brigid,
    you said:

I am especially seeking input from those that have explored this question inwardly moreso than outwardly.

I believe all truth emenates from the inside and that's where the journey begins.

As far as good and evil, I believe you can have both at once, and one without the other, as to each having their own power/force, I don't believe that.

But, I do believe good and evil have as much power/force as we give them.

The law of cause and effect... what you do, say, and think are causes, and will eventually have an effect.

And we, are effected by other peoples causes.

Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit