This weeks meeting remarks

by StarTrekAngel 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Just come here to vent a bit. Last night we had one of those meeting where I had a hard time keeping my eyes from rolling. I tell you, sometimes I think they have a mind of their own, my eyes that is. Specially because the wife says everyone can notice my attitude (Don't know how to tell her that no one is really paying attention to the meeting, much less to me)

The first thing that almost made me scream in rage was during the weekly book study.

14 There is a remarkable Bible passage that helps us begin to grasp Jehovah’s adaptability. The prophet Ezekiel was given a vision of Jehovah’s heavenly organization of spirit creatures. He saw a chariot of awe-inspiring proportions, Jehovah’s own “vehicle” always under His control. Most interesting was the way that it moved. The giant wheels were four-sided and full of eyes so that they could see everywhere and could change direction instantly, without stopping or turning. And this gigantic chariot did not have to lumber along like an unwieldy, man-made vehicle. It could move at the speed of lightning, even making right-angled turns! (Ezekiel 1:1, 14-28) Yes, Jehovah’s organization, like the almighty Sovereign in control of it, is supremely adaptable, responsive to the ever-changing situations and needs it must address. 15 Humans can only try to imitate such perfect adaptability. All too often, though, humans and their organizations are more rigid than adaptable, more unreasonable 14, 15. Ezekiel’s vision of Jehovah’s celestial chariot teaches us what about Jehovah’s heavenly organization, and how does it differ from worldly organizations? 204 than yielding. To illustrate: A supertanker or a freight train might be awesome in terms of size and power. But can either one respond to sudden changes in circumstance? If an obstacle falls across the tracks in front of a freight train, turning is out of the question. Sudden stops are not much easier. A heavy freight train may take over a mile to stop after the brakes are applied! Similarly, a supertanker may coast onward for five miles after the engines are shut off. Even if the engines are thrown into reverse, the tanker may still plow on for two miles! It is similar with human organizations that are prone to rigidity and unreasonableness. Because of pride, men often refuse to adapt to changing needs and circumstances. Such rigidity has bankrupted corporations and even toppled governments. (Proverbs 16:18) How happy we can be that neither Jehovah nor his organization is anything like that!

The second one came later, during a question and answer session. The session was solely focused on preparing for field service and how prayer can help us get ready. This was accompanied along with a demonstration on how a brother is getting ready to go to field service. He made sure he had every track and magazine possible as well as pre loading a video on his phone. This sister, one of the anointed, kind of side stepped on the subject. She went on to comment on how well this brother was preparing, making sure he had the publications and then prayer. She mentioned how she really needs to pray hard in order to get the will to read the bible. Said the little scripture references on the side are really annoying.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Ecclesiastes 5

7For in many dreams and in many words there is emptiness. Rather, fear God.

psalm 116
    11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.

james 1
    26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.

so what WAS that whole paragraph trying to tell the reader? that a train is not able to stop but the org is?

or a train cant stop but a wheel with eyes can?

or is it telling people

the wheels and not a train,
    and could 'change direction instantly,' and the wt say...

'Because of pride, men often refuse to adapt to changing needs and circumstances.' [as if they have?]

so they are not following this advice....

ephesians 4 13until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.14As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming;15but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,

you torture soul, going to those brain numbing sessions.

when your there, go sit on the commode and play games on your phone...

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    human organizations that are prone to rigidity and unreasonableness. Because of pride, men often refuse to adapt to changing needs and circumstances. Such rigidity has bankrupted corporations and even toppled governments. (Proverbs 16:18) How happy we can be that neither Jehovah nor his organization is anything like that!

It sounds like the WTS is justifying the recent changes in the organization.

It is interesting that they liken the organization to Ezekiel's chariot that has "...giant wheels were four-sided and full of eyes so that they could see everywhere." That sounds rather ominous - like something out of an Orwell book. Eyes that look everywhere. Surveillance at its finest.

• hoser
    hoser

What book are we doing now in the book er I mean bible study?

I have been to probably 4 or 5 mid week meetings in the last year and a half. Quitting the theocratic ministry school was the first step. They don't even miss me anymore.

• flipper
    flipper

Wow. Thanks for sharing. I like this quote, " human organizations are prone to rigidity and unreasonableness. Because of pride, men often refuse to adapt to changing needs and circumstances. How happy we can be that neither Jehovah nor his organization is anything like that. " Happy, happy, happy ! Ick.

Uh-huh. Nothing rigid and unreasonable for refusing to follow court orders to hand over child abuse information or have a GB member testify when a judge requests it, right ? I guess we shall see if due to PRIDE the GB and WT leaders continue to hold to the same horrific child abuse policies or will they " refuse to adapt to changing needs and circumstances . " Stay tuned- I think this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Ridiculous. Bunch of freaking hypocrites

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

My favorite of all was this one

Because of pride, men often refuse to adapt to changing needs and circumstances. Such rigidity has bankrupted corporations and even toppled governments

Aren't they suffering financially from their pride and refusal to change their policies? Most hypocritical statement of 2015 in my view.

@ sowhatnow.. unfortunately I have to be there, for there is no better way to defeat them than to know exactly what they are made of. I still have family I need to watch after.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Thank you!! Now I know what I'll be missing tonight, by staying at home!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Complete hypocrites. And unbelievable an 'anointed' 'sister' would say that about the bible. Something very sick going on here.

They will get further and further away from the bible and are moving into full on organization worship.

The book excerpts are buffoonery.

• millie210
    millie210

My question is the same as Hosers. What book is this quote out of?

Thanks,

• Garrett
    Garrett
    I second what "the searcher" said :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit