Six foot tall bunnies

by deeskis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• deeskis
    deeskis

No Abad-apoll, I haven't been smoking the "wacky t'baccy", but I just got back from a few days in the Australian Alps. We took my daughter and her two friends down for her birthday. So beautiful in the summer - Check it out www.thredbo.com.au

Anyway, the drive down at night was pretty slow, we don't live in the city, so the "minor roads" had lots of wild life. Picture Six foot tall rabbits, (kangaroos!) hopping in front of the car, freezing in the glare of the headlamps. There were mobs of them, I swear they must breed like rabbits.

So I got to thinking that God (my jury's not out on that one yet), had such a sense of humour when he created them. They are such a comical looking creature.

what's your funniest animal??

best wishes D

• juni
    juni

Hi D,

I live in Wisconsin, USA. Our "funniest" animal would be the opossum. It's the only North American marsupial.

• wombat
    wombat

It's gotta be the wombat.

They are dumb and slow and stupid.

A wombat is big and fat and furry - the size of a small/medium dog. It can't run. It just wanders along at it's own leisurely pace.

If you ever have the opportunity to stroke a wombat it will slowly turn it's head to bite you. It really doesn't give a damn.

They dig huge burrows - a danger to horse riders.

But many Australian males can relate to them. They eat roots and leaves.

Just gotta love those wombats.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I would have to say that my funniest animal would be the African Swallow

• Nina
    Nina

I like Tasmanian Devils. They look like big mice!

http://www.parks.tas.gov.au/wildlife/mammals/devil.mov

Nina (who is very fond of mice)

• Clam
    Clam

I love duck billed platypusses or is it platypii?

How quirky can you get?

• deeskis
    deeskis

Juni: I'm learning, thought Oz had the monopoly in marsupials!

Wombat, I don't think you're dense and stupid..........luv D

Darth, lol, we are the knights who say NEE!

Clam, they are soo cute, but did you know they are venomous,?! can kill a small dog.

another favourite of mine is the meercat, love watching the sentinel in the zoo, now I'm singing the Lion King songs in my head!

D

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I like prairie dogs. I remember seeing them at Belfast zoo - most of them were living outside their enclosure. It seems that the builders had underestimated how deep the critters can burrow and didn't sink the enclosure wall low enough underground!

Of our native species, crows are quite funny in their behaviour, and hedgehogs ar sweet whenever they uncurl.

• atypical
    atypical

Pigs. come on, you have to admit, it's pigs.

Step, step, step, step.

Oink, oink, oink, oink.

Or.....

I had an awesome fish- It was a Chinese fighting fish. I think maybe it was really some kind of eel. It had a huge head and mouth. It looked exactly like the dragon in a Chinese parade. It killed everything I put in the tank with it. It jumped out of the tank during the night and layed on the floor till morning. I would put it back in the tank and it would live as normal. It was an awe-inspiring creature.

• LDH
    LDH
    It seems that the builders had underestimated how deep the critters can burrow and didn't sink the enclosure wall low enough underground!

LOL!

Atypical, my daughter had a 10-cents goldfish from the fair that used to do this. If we forgot to put a 'plate' or something on top of the tank--forget about it. Once at about 3 in the morning my hubby went in to kitchen, and there he was on the floor, knocking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit