Door to door

by 5thGeneration 9 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Don't know if this has been discussed but why does the Society not DF someone who violates the direct command to go door-to-door but will DF for things not specifically mentioned in the Bible?

Any thoughts?

• serendipity
    serendipity

There's some wording that would suggest that if a JW doesn't engage in the ministry, that person is in effect disassociating themselves.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    There's some wording that would suggest that if a JW doesn't engage in the ministry, that person is in effect disassociating themselves.

Damn....I surely hope so......

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's much harder to disfellowship somebody for NOT doing something than it is for DOING something. Elders tend to fall asleep during stakeouts to catch a Witness NOT doing something like service. Elders don't enjoy the judicial committee meetings that inquire about inactivity. Elders tend to be not aroused by people not doing things. It's hard to pinpoint the scene of the sin and the Society hates ambiguity on the disfellowshipping forms mailed into Bethel.

Where was the scene of the sin? There was no scene, that's the problem.
    What did the Witness do? Nothing!
    Did the Witness enjoy the sin? We think he did, it was Super Bowl Sunday that it didn't occur.
    Is the Witness likely to repeat the sin? Yes, we think he didn't repeat it again today.
    Did the sin interfere with meeting attendance? No! There is no meeting attendance to interfere with.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

This door to door crap is just to keep getting more converts to the cult. When a brother grows a beard he cant have any priviledges in the congo, not even the microphones., but he can sure go out in field service. Go figure.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What makes a DFing offense is first determined by how pissy the society wants to be on the subject, then by how pissy the elders want to be.

How many have been dfd for gluttony?

I'll tell you about an even worse one. In our congo we had a sister who was violent with her family. We are talking cops called out, hitting and cussing. Fits of anger are mentioned alongside fornication. We met with her again and again, warning her that it could lead to her disfellowshipping. We never acted judicially. I wanted to soooo bad, but couldnt convence the others to go along with it.

They just werent pissy enough about it. Why? The society isnt that pissy about it.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Geez ...now you got some stupid song stuck in my head!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Double post

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

5th Generation

If I may venture a thought... I think it might have something to do with the fact that the preaching work is supposed to be voluntary and it is said to bring genuine happiness to the minister.

So if they attached a DF penalty to any JW dragging their feet, it may invite mockery from their opposers. The Truth should not need to threaten it's followers to spread the word.

INQ

• greendawn
    greendawn

A JW that doesn't preach is considered a weak brother and is marginalised that is partly shunned, preaching is crucial for the org because that's how they make much of their income and conscript new unpaid salesmen. Hence the pressure to preach even after the end ceased to be definitely near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit