Trinity pamphlet, - a response & research

by Kristofer 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    yes jehovah os lord ans so is jesus.and we have to be thankful to both of them.but this doesnt not mean they are the same person.

Read again. Paul is not just saying that Jesus is "Lord"....he is saying that Jesus is the "Lord" (= Yahweh) of Joel 2:32. The name of the Lord God of the OT is Jesus. Thus scriptures referring to "Jehovah God" are freely applied to Jesus. This is contrary to the strict distinction you make between "Jehovah" and "Jesus".

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Well, strictly they are not the same "person", they are "three" of the same essence. And that yhwh is the God of war is ...a matter of opinion. He certainly wasn`t a pacifist-God (ha ha), but to make the claim that yhwh was plain evil, that is something that can be discussed, but not established as a fact (it was part of Gods plan, all those other tribes had to be wiped out to ensure history would take its course, so Jesus could spread the word to all of mankind etc blah blah blah, you know.. )

But surely admitting this is admitting God is capable and apparently justifiable in doing this kind of thing again (mass slaughter), just as the Jehovah's Witnesses predict?

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The WTS shouldn't be fabricating historical, scientific, or you-just-name-it support. They should just candidly say they have nada. The WTS is deliberately dishonest about this matter and its not the only time. Their book Life:How did it get here by Evolution or Creation? is rife with misquotes, and they misrepresent historical evidence in the "Appendix to Chpt.14" of Let Your Kingdom Come to prop up their baseless 607BCE date. Its a pattern, a tactic. And they expect me to believe they're earnestly looking for Truth and acting as its messengers?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Well, yes...(and I`m just rambling here, I don`t have a habit of defending Yahweh, ha ha, but): Well, it depends on what your view on the Bible is. I too used to think that everything in the Bible had to be true (down to the very smallest detail), if not, it couldn`t be the word of God. So when the OT-passages say that "at ..this and that place, the Israelites slaughtered down ...so and so many thousands of ...moabitts or whatever, and then they went to lunch, cause it waseth just another dayeth at work saith the Lord your god"...then I would take that with a grain of salt. The people that wrote that, wanted to portray their tribe in as a heroic light as possible...while in fact, they were just a small tribe of pussys, who spent more time running from their enemies than actually fighting them. Thats my personal view on this, anyway, but I realize of course the "theological implications" of such a view, that it makes it impossible to say for sure what is the word of God, and what is the word of men. It`s just that with everything I`ve learned about the Bible on this forum, that judaism originally wasn`t monotheistic, that yhwh wasn`t the only God, and that he certainly wasn`t the creator of the world (in earlu judaism)- but just another son of the supreme God, El, when I learned that the OT-texts weren`t written by the people whose names they bear, but that they were written later, and that this is why the prophecies seemed to have been fulfilled, etc, then I just can`t read the Bible as Gods "literal words" anymore. On the other hand, not many christians really do read it that way, it`s primarily fundamentalists and all those adventist-sects (including the JWS) that do.

But I can`t defend Yahweh in any other way than this. When the OT speaks favorably about ethnic cleansing (at least this is what it looks like to us, reading it now), I too find that sick. But I think it might be a little different when reading the OT in its original language, than when we read these translations, at least this is what I`ve heard. Ask Moshe or Z about that.

• ballistic
    ballistic

thanks Hellrider, I would prefer a debate with someone who wholeheartedly believes in their cause though and not playing Devil's advocate like myself?

P.S. you sound English to me, Norway are you sure?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    P.S. you sound English to me, Norway are you sure?

Yes, norwegian. I sound english, I take that as a compliment to myself and our educational system...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PMJ

When JWs ask me if I believe in the "Trinity", I ask them the same thing I'm asking you What do you mean by the "Trinity"?

I have yet to hear from 1, just 1 JW who knows what the trinity is. They all think I believe what that False (lying) brochure says. How do you know if the "Trinity" is in the bible, when you don't know what to look for.

If you know what I believe, then you tell me what the "Trinity"is.

D Dog

• hooberus
    hooberus

The following has some citation quote information regarding the society brochure:

http://www.gospeldefense.org/pdfs/a004.pdf

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Yes, norwegian. I sound english, I take that as a compliment to myself and our educational system...

yes, you talk natural English better than the Americans on here.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You all still need to read "When Jesus became God"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit