Mind Control by Parasites

by Deputy Dog 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

This is no joke! Mind Control by Parasites Bill Christensen "Half of the world's human population is infected with Toxoplasma, parasites in the body—and the brain. Remember that." http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060211/sc_space/mindcontrolbyparasites

"If the parasite can alter rat behavior, does it have any effect on humans?"

D Dog

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Interesting. They mention that some parasites get into the belly of grasshoppers .

Wasn't there a scripture that mention one of the deciples around christ ate grasshoppers and honey??

That Might account for some of the strange happenings.

Outoftheorg

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Thats just unbelievable. A parasite affecting its host in ways that certainly aren't random, but are clearly designed to further the parasite.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just how does something like that evolve???

• ballistic
    ballistic

Life just keeps doing different things, and if "something" works i.e. benefits survival, the creature survives (obviously) and therefore produces more of the same. I am not fully convinced however that the rat experiments are conclusive. For example, how do they know that there are not other mechanisms involved in the rat's changed behavior to cat's urine? I think the underlying reasons are probably more complex and far from what the article is hinting at... i.e. brainwashing.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

It didn't evolve Little Toe. From the University of Awake, I learned an astronaut from the Pleiades named Jehovah created everything.

From my psychology classes at the less august Cornell University (merely Ivy League), I learned the current thinking among psychologists is that schizophrenia is caused by some "enivromental factor" (i.e., "little critter"). The current theory is that it's a virus. But, this holds water too.

-silent

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm sure Little Toe was talking about Toxoplasma, I could be wrong. LittleToe?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

There you go, thinking magically again.

D Dog

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm sounds like the beginning of the Goa'uld from SG-1

• LDH
    LDH
    From my psychology classes at the less august Cornell University (merely Ivy League),

Certainly, I don't hear any sarcasm in your comments? Surely you're not suggesting that any man-made institution could provide a better or finer education than Jehovah's faithful servants?

Lisa

No, I'm not joking and don't call me Shirley Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit