Watchtower 68

by KW13 10 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

A Watchtower from 1968 (On the 2004 Watchtower Libary CD) is intact as it should be, and GUESS WHAT the society did then...NOT only did they predict 1975 at a convention. They released a book with a chart that proves that mans 6000 year reign on earth was up...THEN on the same CD from 1993 they claim that anyone who got the date 1975 was just very keen and read too much into the mags. IF anyone wants exact names and dates of articles e.t.c i can go upstairs and get them off the pc.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This evidence is very useful because many dubs refuse to believe that the org had whipped up the 1975 hysteria. They played exactly the same trick in 1925 blaming the R&F for the painful disappointment that resulted when that prophecy also failed: "the Devil has put in the minds of some the idea that the preaching work had to end in 1925." That Devil was none other than Rutherford.

• KW13
    KW13

Thing is, when i left JWs i was wondering if it was the the truth, then i found out they had it wrong, and NOW i am finding that people at the top just lie. Its sickening because people commit suicide thinking they've let the WBT down and Jehovah when infact its THEM the individual that needed some warm christian fellowship to appear, and how can people compete with an organization. The WBT isolates people with lies and power and size and if i ever got enough serious evidence i'd send it into the BBC Panorama program without giving away my identity so that the world could hear this, and the ones who are hurting REALISE that there is life out there, and that God doesn't want you to tremble with fear, and if you don't believe in God anymore that the rest of the world won't ignore you.

• Clam
    Clam

KW13 have you read Ray Franz's book Crisis Of Conscience? He talks a lot about 1975 and the hype leading up to it, as well as his surprise that there was no statement by the WTS why it hadn't happened. He also talks about Rutherford waffling on when he was a kid about Armaggedon being so soon that it wasn't advisable to get married or have kids. Same shit year after year mate.

• KW13
    KW13

i got the book, reading it on and off...more off right now as i am busy but i am impressed by the mans honesty and how he tells it :)

• uninformed
    uninformed

KW 13,

The book released in 1968 at the DA that had that chart was "Life Everlasting In Freedom For the Sons Of God".

the chart is at the end of Chapter 1. and it states:

1975------------End of 6th 1,000-year day of man's existence

2975------------End of 7th 1,000-year day of man's existence

On page 30, just preceding the chart, the book states:

"It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the "lord of the sabbath," to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence."

They said it, and they try to deny it every time they get a chance.

uninformed

• KW13
    KW13

HA excellent, thanks mate!

• Mary
    Mary

Of course they said it was coming in '75. They simply use Double-Speak to save their asses when they're exposed as false prophets......

g93 3/22 p. 4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah

km 4/92 p. 1 Proclaim the Good News With The Watchtower ***

We do not know how long and to what extent the good news will yet be proclaimed. We can be sure, however, that The Watchtower will play a major role in what is accomplished. Using this provision, we should imitate the apostles in diligently "teaching and declaring . . . the good news of the word of Jehovah.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Before 1975 it was the "Truth". After 1975 it became something that they never said and we were being presumptious to calim they misled us. Telling the truth about the WT's 1975 teaching can now get you df'd.

• Legolas
    Legolas

You can look at the 'Failed' prophcey blunders here!

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-Prophecy.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit