Do you remember the 4 page "NWT vs. other Translations" sheets ???

by RubaDub 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I just got a bit nostalgic when I see an old NWT that I have that still has the old 4 page sheet that compares the NWT to other translations.

The one that I always remembered was the KJ version using the word "shambles" and the NWT using the words "meat market."

I guess I am showing my age here (late 40's).

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

I remember that, especially, back in the days when you placed Bibles for money, $1 later $2, then $5 and especially during the months of November and December (Christmas). Now the bibles are paperback and not featured under the free er donated procedure.

Blondie

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Rub,

I remember that and I remember my Dad using it in FS to show a householder the superior translation the NWT was. The passage I remember was "Jacob sod pottage."

Of course, the NWT rendering of Psalm 23:5 is both accurate and captures the poetry of the OT: "With oil you have greased my head." Talking of cylinder heads and other car parts I am reminded that I have to get an oil change for my son's car.

3rd

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I certainly do remember - i had it sellotataped in my old green New World Translation.

I do not recall that people were overly impressed , though.

• uninformed
    uninformed

How about the comparison to the AS in Isaiah 14:23----"Besom of destruction" NWT--"Broom of annihilation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit