Do you know how much your home is worth? I do...

by observador 6 Replies latest social current

• observador
    observador

I heard today in the radio about this amazing new website: www.zillow.com

You enter your address and it gives you the estimated price of your home. It's pretty impressive, with satellite pictures and all!

They registered the term Zestimate. The zestimation of my home was right in the money. The guy who created this thing is the same guy who created expedia.com; he claims that more than 3 terabytes of data was gathered to make it.

Now you can find out how much that old KH is worth too!!!

Observador.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

cool link!!!

here is another one that is similar http://www.ziprealty.com/index.jsp cept you gotta register. but it's free.

• blondie
    blondie

Out of the 40 homes in my area, it only shows one with a price, not mine, observador.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Boy is that way off on mine..it overestimated it by almost $40,000.

That goes by a appraisal that was recently done( By Me) too!..

There is no way my house is worth that much!

Snoozy Q..And that is a fact!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

It was right on for mine! My appraisal for refinancing is only 4 months old, so it's very close to what the appraisal came in at, cool!

• FairMind
    FairMind

Neat website. It only showed the tax assessment value of my home which is about 35% of actual value.

• observador
    observador

blondie, that's interesting because one of the sources for their info is "public records"; if one house is there, the other ones should be too... ohh, just remember too that the site is still Beta.

Snoozy, maybe your house is worth much more than you think. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit