How long is a creation day?

by cosmo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey 3rdson,

Until you "adjusted" my thinking last fall, I still thought that the official WTBTS teaching was that each creative day was 7000 years long. So did my sister and we've both been jw's for 30 years. She's pretty smart so I didn't feel so ignorant by not knowing that the teaching had been changed - and I didn't even notice.

The WTBTS has muddied so many teachings, jw's just stay in a mental mud puddle.

waiting

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hey Waiting,

It was one of those subtle changes. Thanks for the credit of "adjustment" but I am only one of many who add bits to the extensive research of others.

Regarding the 7000 year long days (not to be confused with 2520-year-long times of 7, of years, of days -- a well loved Farkelism) do you remember the NWT appendix to the time period covered by Genesis? Later versions state '"In the beginning" to 1657 BCE.' The 1961 edition read something like "46026 BCE to 1657 BCE" (I guess the creation originally started on Monday, October 1, 46026 BCE at 9:00 A.M. after breakfast and the day's text.) Does anyone have an old copy of the NWT to verify?

I used the change in the NWT and the lack of the number 7000 in the Creation book to question an elder (the smelly slipper one no less) about the change when the book was covered as talk #1 in the TMS. He said he'd get back to me...he didn't.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit