JW Religion a Heresy ?

by Think 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

This question is a matter of context and semantics.

Who sets the rules of a game determines what a cheater is.

The Constantine/Nicene/Catholic authority got the game plan.

It was just a matter of using force to squeeze dissenters out. Those were officially heretics.

T.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Just stopping by to say hi to Think. Please go on...didn't mean to interrupt.

• Think
    Think

stillawitness, HI !

Do you missed Me ?

I missed YOU too

did you get my last PM ?

• Shining One
    Shining One

Oro,
    >No one has a monopoly on the ultimate TRUTH (not even orthodoxy) and woe to those that think they do. That's part of the Society's/JWs biggest problem but it is an illness that a lot of other Christians suffer from also.

Why is it wrong to kill someone? MY TRUTH is that you offend me. Therefore, I will remove the offense to MY TRUTH. How does that sit with you? The notion that there is no ultimate truth is a illogical argument by suicide: It contradicts itself.
    Heresy is that which is not in agreement with the orthodox teachings of scripture. It is not an attitude, it is a fact. If you do not teach what Christianity is defined as, then you are a heretic if you claim you are Christian. You have your own belief but it falls out of the realm of Christianity.
    Do we know ALL TRUTH? Obviously not, maybe that's what you are referring to?
    Rex

• ferret
    ferret

I agree with shining. JW's think they have a monopoly on God, but they do not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit