UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• belbab
    belbab

Hi All,

I have been following this UN/WT thread since it started. I wish to direct attention to another aspect of NGO s.

Hawk has shown that the NGO admisistration is concerned enough about the WT involvement to have a special meeting about it.

Please consider the following as a possible reason for their concern.
    A week or so before Sept ll, there was an article in the New York times about a religious group who were NGO members in Afghanistan who were arrested by the Taliban for disseminating or possessing Christian proseliting literature and videos. I believe that this was an embarassment for the UN. They do do not want to be identified as harboring religious groups who clandestinely promote their religious agenda, using the UN connections to do so.

I know the WT smuggles literature into countries where it is banned. Are they too, getting literature into countries using their UN involment as a cover.

I have been banned out of the WT org for a number of decades now. I was in Pakistan for a while. When I was there, JWs who were serving clandestinely in Afghanistan would come to Pakistan for conventions.
    To those of you who have access to WT publications, what is the activity of JW s in Afghanistan? How many publishers etc. ?

Also, If any of you have subscriptions to the NY times archives could you find the article in question and post it. I thought I saved it in hotmail archives but it disappears after so many days.

I have written this post in haste for lack of time, but I wanted to get the info out there to be considered in the context of this thread. I hope you get the gist of what I am trying to say.

belbab

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Belbab, you make some interesting comments. I wonder though how you know that the UN was embarrassed about the Christian missionaries in Afghanistan. Also how do you know that the UN doesn't want its NGO's using their affiliation for the propagation of their beliefs? Please explain how you came to your conclusions when you have more time.

Thanks.
    /Bin

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

Wt.bows down to UN by promoting UN. Wt. cleverly dances,wiggles,and spins their way through many articles since 1991 praising the efforts of the UN"to have their ears tickled".

In 1991 the "Faithless & Scam class" pulled a fast one,by hopping on top of the image of the wild beast" not realizing the Internet would Expose them. I guess they figured another ten years from today and r&f would have softened up on the UN.

What a bunch of spineless cowards.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Great Topic and thread. I am sure there are a few lurking JWs getting an education for a change, lets hope so.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Just for some well-deserved humor; I couldn't resist:

Village People, The:
    "YMCA"

young man, there's no need to feel down.
    I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
    I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
    there's no need to be unhappy.

young man, there's a place you can go.
    I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
    you can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
    many ways to have a good time.

it's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a.

they have everything for you men to enjoy,
    you can hang out with all the boys ...

you can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
    you can do whatever you feel ...

young man, are you listening to me?
    I said, young man, what do you want to be?
    I said, young man, you can make real your dreams.
    but you got to know this one thing!

no man does it all by himself.
    I said, young man, put your pride on the shelf,
    and just go there, to the y.m.c.a.
    I'm sure they can help you today.

you can get yourself cleaned, you can have a good meal,
    you can do whatever you feel ...

young man, I was once in your shoes.
    I said, I was down and out with the blues.
    I felt no man cared if I were alive.
    I felt the whole world was so tight ...

that's when someone came up to me,
    and said, young man, take a walk up the street.
    there's a place there called the y.m.c.a.
    they can start you back on your way.

y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.

young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
    young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.

y-m-c-a ... you'll find it at the y-m-c-a.

young man, young man, there's no need to feel down.
    young man, young man, get yourself off the ground.

y-m-c-a ... just go to the y-m-c-a.

young man, young man, are you listening to me?
    young man, young man, what do you wanna be?

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Oh for crying out loud...

1) For many many years the WT used the YMCA regularly for meetings (will give citations if requested, too tired right now.)

2) In 1978 "The Village People" released the hit song 'YMCA', which somebody on this board called 'a thinly disguised anthem for gay people' or some such sentiment.

3) In 1979 The WT publishes that joining the YMCA is apostasy.

co=inky-dink you say?

Dungbeetle--who had a life before becoming an ex-jw...

• avengers
    avengers

Good Job. But I ask: Is is not at all possible that somebody is pulling a prank here, so as to deliberately associate the WT with the UN? Is there any proof at all that shows the WT is actually the one that signed up and not a so called apostate?
    I would appreciate comment on this.

• nelly136
    nelly136

would imagine that the UN would be in correspondance with the watchtower legal org regarding any changes in policy or news,
    you only have to go the the 'non apostate' official site of the http://www.watchtower.org or http://www.jw-media.org and put united nations and UN in both of their search engines and see what comes up
    to see whether they are calling the UN a beast or doing a lot of advertising for them

eg http://www.jw-media.org/releases/010704.htm

More material on that subject is featured in a July 2001 issue of the internationally published magazine Awake! that deals with volunteerism, relevant to the United Nations proclaiming the International Year of Volunteers. This magazine is available free of charge for those wishing to read more on the subject..

I really dont see them leaving the advantages of being affiliated to the united nations in any way,they have an amazing net work of legal beagles and they can rightly say they werent hiding their membership from jws because theyve been putting it under their noses for years in the watchtower and awake, the process has been a gradual one its not their fault if their members didnt notice or pay enough attention at the meetings or read their literature properly. So what if some of their loyal jws have a problem understanding it? The borg rules! question it at your own peril.
    You too could find yourself with no families and friends,
    nelly

• truth1
    truth1

bluesapphire,

RE: <"And one final thought: Couldn't we ask a loyal dub, "Isn't the disgusting thing supposed to turn on 'false religion'? Well, since it's turning on only the WTS, doesn't that mean it IS false religion?"">

JWs would never admit that the UN is turning on them as a false religion. My mother who is a loyal JW, even tried to support the Society's defense (without them even having one right now) and say that the disgusting thing right now is the flag. I just wanted to scream right then but I maintained my composure and just reminded her that the Society has always indicated the disgusting thing is the UN. Then she reminded me about new light about the King of the North and the King of the South. That they always thought the yet to appear King of the North, was always thought to be Russia. That was nixed in the Daniel book and now they say they have to wait and see; that it will be a government they least expect. They also prophesy that the UN will turn on Jehovah's "true servants" but they won't get away with it and will be destroyed. But remember now, if I remember correct from the 2 studies in the Revelation book, first the governments (prodded by the UN) turn on false religion, then on true worshipers then they (the governments) will be destroyed immediately by Jesus.

So, it's kind of hard right now to even talk with some of them because they are very, very loyal to the Organization and they are SCARED. I only pray, every day to God, that the sincere JWs who want to know the real truth, will ask for it and will find it. I constantly pray this of my fleshly family.

• bj
    bj

Add to the list:

The Watchtower - 15 April, 1996, pp.12-13, (par. 6-10); p. 18 (see picture).
    Sorry, my copy is in french.

Joe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit