UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

It really should surprise no one here that the WTS has once again been found guilty of duplicity. That has been their MO all along. It really comes down to a recognition on our part that we have all been fooled. Many of us were once willing to ignore the obvious conflicts in order to loyally support our precious F&DS, our connection to God.

So, are we going to be disappointed when we present this evidence to our friends and family still in the Borg and they dismiss the evidence as concoctions of disgruntled apostates? I think we can expect this. What I hope for is that at some time my loved ones will come to a point where they experience a cognitive dissonance on their own and begin to question their beliefs. Maybe this connection to the UN will jog some into this personal crisis of conscience. We really don't know what might trigger this in any individual.

Some here are hopeful that this will be some sort of "bomb" useful in our warfare against the enemy, the WTS. I would caution you against holding that hope. It is not realistic. There is no affective "plan" or mobilization of efforts that will bring down our enemy. As has been stated, they are a crafty lot. The efforts of many who contribute here have already been instrumental in helping individuals break free from the mind control and begin thinking for themsleves. The victories are won at the individual level and are largely due to that individuals own efforts to break free. We will assist them as they discover the cracks in their precious beliefs. But we may never be instrumental personally in leading then to a crisis situation within themselves.

I support the efforts being made to expose the WTS in their association with the UN and am personally delighted to see that there is clear evidence to implicate them in this deception. I hope it will move some who are already questioning the JW's to take another step. But I am not buying into the idea that we have to band together to be affective in some kind of war strategy. That is not reasonable and my experience tells me that things just don't work that way in real life. There are any number of approaches that all of us will take with our own family and friends and they may or may not work. But none of us should be made to feel we are somehow damaging a "cause" or some supposed united effort to bring down the WTS. I hope that those who may be suggesting such things will stop and take a more objective look at reality and stop harping on those who are otherwise taking action in a positive attempt to affect a change.

Sean

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Really Sean...!!!! And may I add this...

A JW leaving the WT for any reason is good I guess...but think about this, those who are complaining about SOME (Norm's 'Brother Some' strikes again)persons' behavior on this matter...

A JW will not leave because of child molestation, suicides, disfellowshipping of rape/molestation survivers, mishandling of the mentally ill, 26 children (now dead) on the face of an Awake magazine, and a whole host of all the other social ills plaguing the WT....

And yet JW's will leave because of the UN issue...

There's some meaning in there somewhere--I just don't know what or where it is.

I don't pretend to have all the answers, nor do I always know what to do. But I am NOT an idiot...nor am I 'running' this 'asylum'. Nobody is...this issue is to great and it transcends everyone on this board. What those of us involved in this issue have done so far is only a pebble in the pond that Jim Penton, Ray Franz, Randy Watters and a large number of other people started a long time ago.

Exit couseling is ALWAYS a work-in-progress.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

hi all

Just trying to take this all in. Has anyone written to the WTS and has there been ant talks given by COs on the matter.

UO

• SEAKEN2001
    SEAKEN2001

Dungbeetle,

After wading through the entire thread I can't remember who is and who isn't recommending an "organized" effort using this information as a weapon of sorts against the WT Society. I did not intend to evade the issue by generally disagreeing with "some" but I also did not waht to single out MSIL, who is the only one I can remember who supports the 'organizational' approach. The fact is, I agree with MSIL in sentiment. I only wanted to state that it is unfair to berate others for what they are doing that may not be in line with an 'organized effort. I am squarley behind you and MSIL and hawk, MacH, MA, and all the rest who are taking action and actively supporting any positive action in behalf of our loved ones still under control of the Borg. It may be that this particular hypocrisy will affect my wife or mother-in-law in a way that starts them on the path of questioning the Society. I don't know. I guess I have created a protection within myself that will not allow me to get too hopeful and that expects less of a result than I would like. I wish you all the best in whatever approach you take with this information in order to help free your loved ones from this hypocritical organization.

Sean

• msil
    msil

Dungbeetle,

Wow!! I never had you in mind when I made my reference (it is actually the title of a very interesting book) to the "inmates running the assylum". I believe if you and Hawk were doing the leg work on this by yourselves it would be done very orderly and with great care and attention to detail.

So please accept my apology. You and Hawk were and are still doing a good job.

I do not wish to get involved in a side issue and distract you guys any further. So blame me and move on. My opinions on some of the other individuals involved persist, but nothing can be gained by expressing them any further.

It seems pretty obvious to me how the UN issue will be much more effective for convincing the average dub than the other issues mentioned in your post (yes the vile actions you spoke of are worse - but thats not the key here). The UN issue is a deliberate action taken by the "Organization". The other issues you mentioned are skirted away because when you bring them up to the ordinary dub they simply feel that it is the "pressures of this old system that cause some of the brothers to engage in those immoral acts". This is not something that can be blamed on a a fragment of the organization as an excuse by the average dub. This one makes them think!!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

That's okay Sean, after reading through this thread I can't remember what the hell my name is or what city I live in...

msil...this is a difficult time for eveyone. The hatemail and attacks in the chatroom are increasing exponentially (as thy were bound to do) and I feel this is a very difficult time to be a Jehovah's Witness..'in' or 'out'.

Hang in there everybody...we're in for a rough ride!!!

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

• Isabella
    Isabella

If I may add some more...On the issue of forwarding Watchtower literature to the DPI. I do not wish to take the wind out of anyone's sails in any way, but I am pretty sure that they would already be quite aware of this.
    I also want to suggest that perhaps the critical aspect here is not that they are involved with the DPI, but why they are involved. I have read so far only a sort of very surprised reaction that they even are involved and a desire to expose that fact. It might be said that the more important area of investigation lies in why they are involved. I feel like some are overlooking this. There is more to this than meets the eye.
    Someone has made the observation that if masses of people are too quick to expose the conflict of interest and thereby nudging the DPI into an obligatory dismissal, this could be too easy for them to get out of and might propel their trail covering activities. I feel like this is an extremely important point.

• bj
    bj

Another area to be checked is about a meeting that took place from the 28-30 August 2000, at the UN headquarters, and see if the WTS were among other religions who signed a special document. For further information see: The Watchtower - 15 March 2001, p32.

Joe

• Isabella
    Isabella

This is a shadowy group. Full of secrets and anonymity. They have shown in their track record a willingness to do and say just about anything to remain afloat. If need be, I would not be shocked if the people in the highest places were to stage an "overthrow" of the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society claiming to be themselves unknowing victims of the corporation aspect of the society, and start anew. My image is that the Watchtower is a removable and replaceable limb.
    These people know what they are doing. They count on the ignorance and naiveté (which they foster) of the members. They use the weaknesses and strengths of people toward their own purposes. A good idea would be to exercise caution and not serve as fuel for their fire.

• bj
    bj

In their book JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES - PROCLAIMERS OF GOD'S KINGDOM,(1993), they stated in its Foward: "The editors of this volume have endeavored to be objective and TO PRESENT A CANDID HISTORY." When speaking about the UN in pages 192 and 193, one can observe that here their objective once again wasn't achieved because they didn't told their readers that since 1991 they are an NGO and therefore according to their own words became "a friend of the world".
    What a bunch of HYPOCRITES who without shame dare to insult us "apostates"!!!

Joe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit