Inappropriate Guilt & the September 2001 KM

by Nicodemus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicodemus
    Nicodemus

Marvin,

Here's what I believe to be another question, if one looks at it from yet another perspective:

1. Jehovah's Witnesses believe the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to be the instrument being used by Jehovah in this era to accomplich the preaching work.

2. The Watchtower is the official journal of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Why is it, then, that Our Kindgom Ministry, another publication of Jehovah's Witnesses, seems to be presenting a message somewhat at odds with that presented in The Watchtower?

In a previous comment above, Amazing observed that, in talks of Circuit Overseers, there are sometimes conflicting views expressed. I don't necessarily find that unduly disconcerting. Different individuals have different views, and, rightly or wrongly, these are going to manifest themselves to a certain extent. If an individual goes too far, intelligent brothers can recognize it just for what it is, the personal opinion of one man.

However, when what appear to be conflicting messages come from official publications, this becomes a little harder to reconcile, and somewhat more troubling. (1 Cor 14:8)

Am I "out in left field" here?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

No, Nicodemus, you are not out in left field.

The disconcertion is REAL because the conflict is REAL.

BTW, did you get my Excel attachment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit