Am I wearing a huge billboard or something??

by Super_Becka 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hmm, I'm starting to think that I'm some kind of "minority religion" magnet. Am I wearing a big sign that begs proselytizing religions to come and convert me or what?? And not only that, but I don't even draw local religious nuts, I draw ones from away!!

I started talking to a guy last year and we start dating, and of all the guys out there, he's a Jehovah's Witness, go figure. I haven't seen one around here in years, but I managed to find one on the Internet, and he lives in Oregon. True, he's not trying to convert me, but what the hell?? I've never had a Jehovah's Witness in my life before, they're very rare around here, and then boom, I fall head over heels for one of them.

Then today, I was sitting on a bench at the mall, waiting for some friends to show up for a movie, and a pair of Mormon missionaries just appeared out of nowhere and start in on me, trying to preach to me, trying to set up a meeting with some local missionaries to convert me, trying to tell me that my religion is wrong and that theirs is right. What the hell?? I was sitting in a mall, of all places, and someone tried to convert me!! I haven't even seen a Mormon in the province in the last 10 years or so, and out of the blue, two missionaries, one from British Columbia, one from Utah (duh), just show up and try to con me into meeting with their local missionaries and converting.

Really, am I wearing a "Convert Me" sign or what?? For years, I don't see any of these types around, and then, all of a sudden, I'm swamped by them!! I'm starting to wonder if there's a conspiracy out there. Should I be taking a hint, or what?? Do these people see me as an easy target or do they just like the challenge of trying to convert someone new?? Do I really look so spiritually challenged??

I don't want to convert!! I like my faith!! I suddenly feel the urge to run to the safety of the nearest Anglican cathedral and stay there for a while, it always freaks me out when someone tries to convert me.

Religious nuts, LEAVE ME ALONE!!

-Becka :)

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Maybe you're fated to join a cult?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Maybe you're fated to join a cult?

*shudders*

Luckily, I've been poking around here long enough to know more than I might ever want to know about high-control groups and religious cults, so I think I'm safe. They'll never get me!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Becka,

You're a pretty girl. Why are you surprised that the Mormon missionaries would approach you (assuming they're male)?

• lola28
    lola28

yes Becka you do have a billboard, I was gonna tell you but didn't know how. (hehe)

lola

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    You're a pretty girl. Why are you surprised that the Mormon missionaries would approach you (assuming they're male)?

Aww, thank you, serendipity. Is that how I snagged a JW boyfriend, too??

Hmm, the creepy thing about the Mormons is, it was a Mormon couple (the wife was actually from Utah, go figure), but it was the man that approached me first, and he had to be at least 60 years old.

yes Becka you do have a billboard, I was gonna tell you but didn't know how. (hehe)

Aha, I knew it!! Hehehe, thanks for the heads-up, lola.

• Shador
    Shador
    Hmm, the creepy thing about the ;Mormons ;is, it was a Mormon couple (the wife was actually from Utah, go figure), but it was the man that approached me first, and he had to be at least 60 years old.

Well, yea, but some Mormons have that polygamy thing going on, don't they?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Hmm, the creepy thing about the ;Mormons ;is, it was a Mormon couple (the wife was actually from Utah, go figure), but it was the man that approached me first, and he had to be at least 60 years old.
    Well, yea, but some Mormons have that polygamy thing going on, don't they?

Eww... that was NOT a mental picture I needed.

Good point, though, they do have that whole polygamy bit on the go. I don't think they endorse it outright anymore, but I'm sure the older Mormons still cling to the hope of polygamy.

Again - EWWW....

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hey Beck

maybe it's the aura you're projecting.!? hehe........ See my thread on this and let me know what you think. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/106952/1857325/post.ashx#1857325

best wishes D

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    maybe it's the aura you're projecting.!? ;hehe........

Hehehe, maybe. Maybe my aura is a glowing neon sign that says, "Looking for fun?? Come and try to convert me, I dare ya!!" Or maybe something like, "Diehard Anglican, wanna convert me??" Or even, "I'm a happy Anglican, wanna change that??"

Poor missionaries, they just don't understand that they'll never convert me, I'm quite happy with who I am and what I believe. And to his credit, my JW boyfriend has never tried to convert me, he hasn't even suggested it, he's inactive and he knows better than to try, anyway. I'm very stubborn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit