I surprised my dad with a birthday gift this morning

by JH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Today, my dad is 76, and today I surprised him by giving him a gift and saying happy birthday.

He was happy. Since the last 18 years, I avoided saying happy birthday to him, since i was a dub.

I guess that Jah is very mad now....

• Legolas
    Legolas

JH's Dad!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Nice JH! Bastards robbed us of some great times and memories, but at least they can't steal any more of it, eh?

[picture that won't show up anyway deleted]

• blondie
    blondie

JH, you give the WTS too much credit saying that Jehovah will be unhappy now; that is assuming that God speaks to them and they speak for God.

Just enjoy and do the loving thing and you don't have to worry about making anybody unhappy.

Blondie

• kristyann
    kristyann

Your dad is still very much into the organization, or no? Or is he in it at all?

• JH
    JH

My dad was never a JW, but I was...and now he is so happy that I wished him happy birthday and gave him a gift...

• flag
    flag

Good for you and your dad!!!

The other day my son asked me why I was not attending to the meetings anymore and I told him because there were few things I did not agree, and he said "like birthdays?" I said "well that and other things as well" he asked me to explain again why witnesses don't celebrate them and for the first time I noticed how dumb the explanation sounds.

He said "just because of that?" "That's dumb"

Then he asked me "Are you going to celebrate my birthday now with gifts and everything?"

I felt very bad!! He is 16 now, so maybe when he turns 18 I'll make a big deal out of it.

I hope to be completly free by then (emotionaly free from WT teachings and guilts)

• whyizit
    whyizit

Congratulations on honoring your father on his birthday. How did YOU feel after doing something so respectful and kind for your dad? I am rejoicing for both you and your dad! Yaweh is smiling upon you, I am sure of it!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    He is 16 now, so maybe when he turns 18 I'll make a big deal out of it.

Don't wait. Honor him at the first opportunity and start making up for lost time. You will NOT regret it!

Let freedom ring!

• kls
    kls

Good Boy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit