questions

by mydiscounts 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mydiscounts
    mydiscounts

I am new here but I have a few questions for one I really would like to know why so many JWs do not believe in working for themselves, giving to charity and helping their fellow man unless they are a fellow witness?

I always get the excuse that the new system is coming and we will never retire in this old system, but hey guys we are getting old in this system right here so why not do something for yourself and your futures now?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I have a few questions for one I really would like to know why so many JWs do not believe in working for themselves, giving to charity and helping their fellow man unless they are a fellow witness?

Thw WTS teaches JWs that the work they do banging on doors is the best volunteer charitable work in the whole world. There is no point to make people comfortable here in a world that will soon be destroyed.

Somewhere along the way the WTS decided that a book is better than a meal to a starving man

• Sentient
    Sentient

If you are heavily indoctrinated, you take note of the numerous experiences in the publications when your fellow Witnesses were starving to death but instead of asking for food when outside help came the first thing they asked for was a new Watchtower! You take note of talks that mention how the most important thing is to renew the spiritual man (through the WTBTS literature) from day to day. If you are a highly astute student of the GB, your mentality is trained such so that when there's shortage of food and a shortage of literature, only work for enough food to barely survive and spend the rest of the time trying to get literature. Looking back on it, it sickens me!
    Regarding education and employement, you appear to get mixed cues, but really for the most heavily programmed eager students of Watchtower education (such as I was), the message is loud and clear that those who love God the most and are the most spiritual will view things as if the end is coming 6 months from now and will devote most all their time and energy into distributing the Society's publications and recruiting new people.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit?

So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead. But some one will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi mydiscounts, welcome to the forum!

Some JWs are willing to help others, but are so exhausted between life demands and congregational demands, there's no energy left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit