FREEDOMLOVER: update with my dad

by freedomlover 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds like things are progressing beautifully, FL. Even if he and your mom do stay in to try to change things at least you know you won't have to deal with shunning from them. I'm thinking that once he looks at some of your research he will be hard pressed to stomach much more time spent at the KH.

Goldminer, maybe you father's experiences as a MS will finally push him out. Nothing like being a congregation gofer.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Freedomlover I am soooooooo happy for you! Your dad sounds like such a wonderful person.

Coffee

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That really touches my heart.

~Merry

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Waaaaaay to go

• greendawn
    greendawn

Your father seems to be quite honest and to have realised that the WTS is a big con so there is no point for him to shun you though it would be good if he also finally leaves the destructive cult.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

FreedomLover you know your dad the best. You will know the right way to approach him on this matter.

Meanwhile I hope you best friend leaves things be. I assume she reacted badly to something you told her about? It would be a shame for her to go running to the elders and make things awkward for you at your brothers wedding!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

That's beautiful freedomlover. Your dad is great.

The pressure for him is just beginning, but I'm sure you'll be able to help him through it. You have shown you knew how.

• bebu
    bebu

That's such wonderful news, I'm sure you're still floating on air.

bebu

• serendipity
    serendipity

Great news, FL.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

FL I am so happy for you! You know it's only a matter of time! You are wise to go slowly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit