State of the Union?

by Blueblades 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The theme throughout the president's speech sounded like, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

Reduce dependence on foreign oil? How many times have we heard this one? Bring down the high cost of health care? Again, how many times have we heard this one? Strengthen U.S. competition in the global economy? Ditto. In 2000, George accepted the presidential nomination and promised to fix as I intend to fix it, social security. Now he wants a commission to study it? This is the same rhetoric like he used last year and the year before and the year before when he called for making health care more affordable, making America less dependent on foreign oil and making our economy more competitive around the world. It's the same song!

"The state of our union is strong". Look, he is not lying, none of them are, he is Bullshitting us.

Blueblades

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

talking the talk not walking the walk - all he sadi was true (IMHO) but you are correct now we need action and leadership and taking some unpopular decisions

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

He spoke just over 150 words about Katrina and did not mention it by name.

After each state of the union address, his approval rating has plummeted. It began in the 80's and decreased with each speech until it finally is below 40%. And like many alcoholics, Bush still does not see reality.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. I don't actually think Georgie thinks about repercussions, I think he's equally surprised every single time. He surrounds himself with supporters, you can't even attend a speech or anything else unless you are a supporter. He keeps any protesters MILES away cordoned off so he doesn't have to see them, he admittedly never watches the news or reads a newspaper. He only knows what his advisors tell him. So Georgie gets up there and says exactly what they tell him to say. He always has and always will. Anyone who thinks this man is more than a puppet for Rummy and Cheney is nuts.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit