I love my new 7-day alarm clock!

by AlmostAtheist 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Memory is not my strong suit, and I found that I would invariably either forget on Friday night to turn off my alarm, or forget on Sunday night to turn it back on. The only variance to this was when I forgot both -- which was frequent.

So I'd have both a disrupted weekend sleep-in, and a rushed or even late-to-work Monday morning.

I finally bit the bullet and purchased the NeverLate 7-day alarm clock, from http://www.americaninnovative.com/buy/

It allows me to set a different alarm for every day of the week. So I set it for Monday-Friday, and leave saturday/sunday unset. I don't need to touch it after that, it handles it all. Sweet!

It looks like a complicated device for what it does, but it's pretty simple to use. The display makes it very clear what you're setting, and there's a review button that let's you see when the next alarm will be going off.

In addition, it has a nap feature. You punch the nap button and it will go off an hour later. Twist the dial after pressing the button and you can adjust the nap time. All of that is independant of the alarms, so you don't have to screw up your alarms to get up from a nap. (Someday, after the kids move out, I intend to take some serious naps -- now I'll be ready!)

It has a radio, too, if you've found your life simply isn't complete without a clock that also contains a radio. I tried it once to prove that it works. It does, though oddly it's a manually tuned radio. I didn't realize they still made those.

If you're looking to drop a sum of money that I'm told by my wife is quite reasonable, but to me seems like a stupidly high amount to pay for a damn clock, on an alarm clock -- about $40 with shipping from amazon.com -- then I would highly recommmend this little number.

Dave

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    If you're looking to drop a sum of money that I'm told by my wife is quite reasonable, but to me seems like a stupidly high amount to pay for a damn clock, on an alarm clock -- about $40 with shipping from amazon.com -- then I would highly recommmend this little number.

$40?! Eeks! But a simple price to pay for peace of mind! I hope it works out for you. Neil would have the same issue as you, but since I'm an early riser, I don't let him oversleep.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'd be proud of that techno-beast myself. Looks good. I am sure you will enjoy it.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    $40?! Eeks! But a simple price to pay for peace of mind!

Yep, you nailed it. Stress-reduction is my prime-directive. It has a battery backup, too, so if the power goes out in the middle of the night, it will still set off the alarm on time. (But I think your average $10 clock does this, too)

Still seems like a ridiculous sum to me, but it's the only one like it on the market that I could find.

Dave

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hpe it works out well. The only thing that would make it better is if it played CD's.

Jeff

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I hate to be the killjoy but my cell phone alarm does the same thing. (set for 4:30 mon-fri and not set on sat sun)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I hate to be the killjoy but my cell phone alarm does the same thing. (set for 4:30 mon-fri and not set on sat sun)

I have a Handspring Treo that I was using, but I found that I would either not hear it (it only goes off for a given number of seconds) or the battery would be in need of charging. And of course, no snooze alarm!!! I was using the alarm on my watch for awhile, but I found that I would sleep right through it. (This at least also has a timer, which I could use as a snooze alarm) So in my case at least, I needed something that was heavy-duty enough to wake me up and not dependant on me remembering to charge it. In years past, I would've been fine with my watch alarm, but apparently I'm sleeping more soundly these days. :-) Dave

• deeskis
    deeskis

$40 for half a brick........I mean a magnificent example of design and technology!...............is surely worth it for a sound night's sleep without the worry that you're going to sleep in.

sleep like a baby Dave.......only no pooey daipers in the morning!! I hope.

D

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Awe good for you Dave, I had no idea you were such a lazy guy. I mean how hard is it to re-set your alarm clock?

Oh btw that is one ugly alarm clock too, I hope you hide it behind the nightstand when company comes to visit.

Bwhahahhaaaaaaaa!

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I love mine - got it from Overstock.com: Two alarms with 7-day select on each, nature sounds, radio, and corded phone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit