WAS THERE ANY YOUTH WORK IN YOUR KH?

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

We had an elder that would arrange basketball every saturday afternoon and open it to 3 or 4 congregations. I'm not good at it but my parents made me go a few times for the good association. Afterwards people would usually go to dinner or out to the movies. There was also a MS that had three teenage kids and he would hold little parties at his house a couple times a year.

When I was wanting out, I used to use basketball as an excuse to hang out with my "worldly" friends. My parents trusted me a lot so I would tell them I was going to basketball and then get in a school friend's car about a block away. It all fell apart when one day my mom decided to surprise me after basketball and pick me up for dinner. I usually said I took off with the brothers to dinner. So when the game was over and I never came out she was pissed. Of course she said, "Jehobah wanted me to find you out."

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Yeah, hey young Johnny would you like to meet at the hall saturday moring and mow the grass and pull weeds? Thanks

• badboy
    badboy

thanks everyone for your replies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit