Things that boost your ego?

by greendawn 20 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What is it that boosts your ego and imroves your self image and sense of self worth? The things that lift up your spirits away from feelings of being low and disheartened.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Exercise. Accomplishing something meaningful at work or home. Being told by my wife that I'm a handsome man.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

To be told by the love of my life that I am her hero.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Lots of things... showers, new clothes, affection from the opposite sex, runs, lifting weights, krav maga , a smile from a hot girl when there is no one behind me, accomplishing a task that I had doubts about being able to complete, a random phone call from someone i didn't expect, laughing really hard, a really good meal, some awesome music, a jacuzzi, surfing, (this will sound gross) a good bowel movement (seriously)... lots of things

CHL edited to say: making a child laugh. greatest feeling ever

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

A genuine compliment

An accomplishment at work

To know that someone loves me

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes to feel loved and wanted is a basic need that boosts our sense of self worth. I suppose that's why the shunning policy of the dubs has the opposite effect, that of demoralising the individual, you are not wanted and not loved by your ex group. Succesfully solving a problem is also a good booster especially when recognised by others.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

what misspeaches said...and

to hear..."You're a good woman, Lisa. That's one of the things I love about you."

I miss hearing it.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I do a lot of volunteer work for causes I like as well as for the needy in my community, it makes me feel good when I'm helping others.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hmmm what did CHLuke leave? I love it when someone asks me a question, and I know the answer!! Especially if it's somewhat obscure. When I manage to actually make my statement or give my opinion, before I have a chance to second guess myself or feel unsure and stay silent.

• Robdar
    Robdar

A new skirt and a pair of hot high heels. I like the look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit