Jehovah liked Abraham better than Moses!

by gumby 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Since we all know from being faithful little Jeovah's Witnesses, nobody can, has, or will see god while on earth. Even Jehovah says "nobody can see me and live". Abraham did though. He even ate a meal with the guy!

I think it's unfair that poor ol' Moses only got to see Jehovah look like a burnin bush when Moses went up to get the 10 golden plates. He coulda told Moses to bring a calf or goat or deer or sumthin and had a snack... then he coulda gave him the plates.......but noooooo .....Moses had ta take off his sandles cuz he was on holy ground.... yet Abraham took off Jehovahs sandles and washed his feet! What the hell??

The New King James Version
    alt
    Genesis 18: 1 - 8

1 Then the Lord appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre,* as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day. 2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground, 3 and said, "My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant. 4 Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. 5 And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant." They said, "Do as you have said." 6 So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, "Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes." 7 And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it. 8 So he took butter and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate.

Gumby
  • Scully
    Scully

I dunno, the way he made them both cut the ends off their manly parts ... it sounds like he didn't really like them at all!

• gumby
    gumby
    I dunno, the way he made them both cut the ends off their manly parts ... it sounds like he didn't really like them at all!

Scullymeister babe, I'll betcha if Jehovah woulda went behind Abrahams tent and took a leak, and Abraham woulda peeked at his dinger....he woulda saw a turtlehead lookin dinger on Jehovah just like the rest of the jews ....cuz Jehovah is a jew too. He likes dinger cuttin fer some reason!........ So there!

Gumanteater

• Scully
    Scully
    Gumanteater

WAY

TOO

MUCH

INFORMATION!!

• gumby
    gumby

Yeah I know......but it sure a cute little guy.

Gumphallic

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's hardly a secret that when one can see God that their old life passes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

but noooooo .....Moses had ta take off his sandles cuz he was on holy ground....

That's a very jw view of things What about "Chill out, you don't need those shoes on here, this is a holy place" ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- take heed about how you hear, for to him who has more will be given (preconceived ideas)

• gumby
    gumby
    What about "Chill out, you don't need those shoes on here, this is a holy place"

I'd like to know why takin yer shoes off is better than leavin them on.....s'pecially on "Holy Ground" anywho. Who wants someones stinky feet on their dirt? So far nobodys attempted to explain how it was that god appeared in human form and only did it on two other occations. Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I'd like to know why takin yer shoes off is better than leavin them on.....s'pecially on "Holy Ground"

I only wear shoes at work, because it's not a safe place to put my feet - it'd be nice if it was

So far nobodys attempted to explain how it was that god appeared in human form

Are you looking for a technical explanation ?

• gumby
    gumby
    Are you looking for a technical explanation ?

Nah.....any kind of explanation will do. If god became a man then who knows how many times he's been here visiting and we didn't know it.

As a side note, many think when god appeared to Abraham it was actually Jesus appearing as the word for god. Others say spirits cannot do such a thing( such as angels cohabitating with women). Others say it was "an angel of the lord". Others say it was god mainifesting himself in human form.

Who knows?

Gumby

• acadian
    acadian

Good morning Master Gumby,

If god became a man then who knows how many times he's been here visiting and we didn't know it.

Hebrews 13:2
    Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.

Who knows?

Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit