XJWs and Christianity

by Shador 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Shador
    Shador

Well, I assume you mean exchanging Jerhover for some pagan pantheon. Actually, what fascinates me is magic/witchcraft. I don't necessarially have many strong feelings about deity/deities. And frankly, if you look at many pagan pantheons, they are much less straitlaced than the god of the bible. I view the bible much the same as other mythology. The main purpose was to 1) explain things in nature that man did not understand and 2) teach moral lessons. While 1) has been rendered mostly defunct by science, 2) is still pretty good in most cases.

Insofar as magic, I tend to think of it as a natural force that man does not fully understand. When properly trained, the human mind can access and utilize this force, like any other natural item/force. Insofar as ritual, I think of it like training wheels. Helpful in training the mind to use this force, but eventually no longer needed. Of course, it is really cool and flashy training wheels

In any case, wicca and other neopagan religions are, to me, much more open and accepting than christianity. Not to mention it goes with my whole tree hugging, vegetarian, semi-pacifist (I will defend myself, if needed, but am non agressive) lifestyle.

-Shador

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit