My dub aunt thinks Obama is mentioned in the bible.

by Jehovah lol 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

She's not even american and doesn't live in the USA so it's not even her area of political awareness really. She seems convinced that Obama is the prophesied wolf in sheep's clothing mentioned in Revelation.

It's unusual for non-US dubs to hold the weirder beliefs, so this is a new one for me. She also said that the end is very close now and that things are a foot with North Korea; it's clearly the king of the north.

She said exactly the same thing 5 years ago about China, and exactly the same thing 10 years ago about Iraq.

Derp derp.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    I think North Korea is evidently the 'king of the north' because both are baddies and both have 'north' as part of their description. 
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

Welcome to the forum, jah LOL! 

Interesting observation and thanks for sharing.  In the US, I'm not sure the dubs even know what "king of the north" means.  I guarantee my family members could not explain it.

• Etude
    Etude

Jehovah lol:

Where does your aunt live and does she have access to Fox News there?  That's the only source of opinions I can think of that parallels her views.  In the old days, there was a lot of interest on the part of the witlesses to interpret the prophetic "visions".  I suppose that they have abandoned the "studies" of prophetic works lest they be wrong AGAIN.  Besides, those interpretations were usually made by influential individuals that stood apart from the GB, like Fred Franz and people before him.  I've been out of touch with news about the borg and so I don't know if they've published new books on interpreting the visions of John and of the older prophets.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You could get a hundred JW`s  in a group and get a hundred different interpretations as to what is what , if the G.B. hasnt made a ruling  on the subject in the Watchtower.

Often times the R&F run ahead of the organisation when their in limbo as to what they should now beleive.

smiddy

• kaik
    kaik
    I remember in the 1986 when some JWs insisted that Gorbachev was the man in the Bible, Gog, etc, because of his mark on the forehead. If you look into history, there were hundreds of politicians, kings, royals, and dictators who were through to be prophesied in the Bible. Charles IV, Robespierre, Nero, Attila, Alaric, were all considered to be mentioned in bible or were believed to be antichrist.
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

thats funny. years ago a 'sister' was talking briefly to me and she made the statement

'this is going to be the last president'

she was pretty sure.

well, we wlll soon find out right?

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED
    Maybe she actually sees a monkey riding an elephant as the children are petting tigers and bouncing balls off the elephant??
  • bsmart
    bsmart
    Welcome to the forum.  Were you subject to this weirdness when you were a kid?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    In my observation, the JW worldview makes one very susceptible to right-wing religious conspiracy theory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit