One more time: Watchtower Quotes site??

by Sheepish 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Sorry I know it comes up again and again, but darn it, I can't find it!

I am looking for one of the sites that have only Watchtower quotes in it. Did they all get shut down? The one I had only takes me to a page that says Parent Directory and then I can't access it.

Thank you!

• Sheepish
  • still wondering
  • garybuss
    garybuss

There MAY be a link on this page

http://www.cultnews.com/index.php/2006/01/21

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This was a good lesson for the WTS. You can not prevent free speach on the Internet, nor can the WTS stop the truth being discovered.
    I have a fear they will try to shut down my site. In my JC they could have d/f me because I said to their face that the WTS is not directed by Holy Spirit and acts like a cult, but they still went to incredible effort to prove my site belonged to me. But why worry? If they try Quotes proves anonymous people will ensure it appears on ten other servers in countries they can not touch, with plenty of free publicity and editorial around the world to make it even more well known.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Thanks everyone. The site I found of course does not have the great quotes only blog. But I am determined to find and copy all the pages I can before they are all attacked and destroyed by the org, like the Ca site.

I had a couple of Jovies come by the other day. I cheerfully invited them in and then kinda drove the conversation. I used the latest mag they gave me that had an article about the ice sculptures in it, one being Moses with the 10 commandments. They were so proud the tetragramaton was on it. I shared with them how important God's name was (they agreed heartily!) and then showed them how Jehovah was a recent translation and quite incorrect.That Yahweh was the accepted name and needed no translation! They were taken aback-tried to change the subject. I kept it coming right back around. Then after letting them share a little bit. I told them that one of the reasons I could not consider the Catholic Church was because they put a priestly class between man and God, and there is only one mediator between God and Man-Jesus. Again, they heartily agreed! I added that was the same reason I couldn't accept the JWs. Eyebrows shot straight up.I had a great time!

We talked about the origins of the JWs and how there was evidence they were to be considered false prophets...."Where did you see this?" "OOOOH the INTERNET!" they looked knowingly at each other, and said well, if you were Judas would you have good things to say about Jesus?"

I laughed and said, "I don't know. Judas repented before he killed himself. But if you mean people who leave the org might lie about it, I agree. I could show you quotes and nothing else from the Watchtower...maybe they are lies. Can't you look them up? (They hesitantly said yes) I said, well if you can look them up, I'd like to know if they are lies...you could come back and I will have them for you ...."

They looked rather dubious about it, then pretty quickly said they enjoyed our conversation and left.

Don't think I will see them again, but I want to be prepared in case they send an elder or someone back. Thus the need for quotes.

Thanks again!

• Faraon
    Faraon
    This was a good lesson for the WTS. You can not prevent free speach on the Internet, nor can the WTS stop the truth being discovered.

I have a fear they will try to shut down my site. In my JC they could have d/f me because I said to their face that the WTS is not directed by Holy Spirit and acts like a cult, but they still went to incredible effort to prove my site belonged to me. But why worry? If they try Quotes proves anonymous people will ensure it appears on ten other servers in countries they can not touch, with plenty of free publicity and editorial around the world to make it even more well known.

I don't know the cause of his being taken out of circulation, and was taken aback by the WT decision since it offered no comments. Happily I had copied all his info in my hard drives. I would suggest that all who can do so, do the same. Maybe they closed it because it included no attacks against them. I am also very upset at the gov.'s decision. Maybe we should pitch in and get one of those guys who influence congresspersons into signing laws.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Great anti-witnessing, Sheepish! I hope they come back for more.

Cellist

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Peter and John answered them, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, you must judge; for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit