Sad and True

by KW13 15 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

ah, i am 17 and my mum is just 40.

She hasn't planned for her pension, she won't dedicate to a proper job or anything though i am trying to push her into anything.

The thing is, i don't just want her out of her faith, i want her to have a future where she can live and retire, she can't work forever and what if she got sick?

Ah, it drives me crazy what the witnesses do, maybe one day she might wake up, get angry with the WBT Society and sue them!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Sorry to be rude, but is she cleaning houses on a cash basis?

• KW13
    KW13

She has done that in the past, now she Works on School Patrol yet she has the qualifications to do so much more, the ideas to start her own business and MORE!

Your not being rude

• lucifer
    lucifer

start asking for expensive things lol, then maybe she will change jobs to pay for your expensives( just a suggestion)

• KW13
    KW13

haha, good idea but i moved away, i live with uncle and aunt.

Maybe if i said i wanted a REALLY nice car though...

• Apollyon
    Apollyon

Your mum has her life and you have yours you need only live yours.

Some people go through life making bad choices I know I have my wife still goes

to the hall , thats on her I don't tell her not to nor do I say anything to encourage her.

I dont mean to be so abrupt but you have enough just dealing with your life and trying

to grow up in this world........

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good for you...a 17 year old ....1) Worrying about his mom...2) Being smart enough enough to worry about the future!

• greendawn
    greendawn

So is your mother pioneering for the JWs? Is that why she avoids planning for the future? It is strange that ten years after the change in the generation doctrine they still think short term. Yet the end may be centuries away according to the new definition they got.

• meems101
    meems101

back in the 70's many of the jw's went in to deep debt buying expensive homes and cars thinking they would never have to pay for them.

very shallow and short term thinking.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi KW,

I'm the mother of a teenager and I'll tell you what I tell her. Focus on being a productive member of society. Your mother has made her choices. You need to do well financially because you may end up caring for her in her later years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit