How many family members or close friends did you lose to the Watchtower?

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Because of their shunning policy how many family members or good friends did the Watchtower take away from you?

In my case, I'd say 4 good friends were lost because of the Watchtower shunning policy.

Luckily, I had no family members there

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

34 family members, that includes 2 new babies that were just born that I've never seen

+ 12 close friends

countless close family friends

I was just thinking about this today, and yesterday, and the day before...

meagan

• Quentin
    Quentin

One...my father... he had returned to the Tower after a twenty year absence...about the same time I decided to DA...I had been gone so long didn't know the rules had changed, of course nothing was explained as my dad suddenly went MIA from our life...he passed away about ten years ago, wasn't till I came to JWD that I learned of the new rules...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Family members: 24+

Friends...I had a few...

~Merry

• lucifer
    lucifer

family 0

friends well none really by the time I left I wasn't friends with them anymore

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I got to 30 and quit counting.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I hope this doesn't sound dumb, and I don't mean to trivialize any losses...

But whether it's one loss or 24 or 30 +....

From one and up...

No body has the right to hold our families/friends ransom like this.

meagan

• Poztate
    Poztate

I didn't lose any family members but lost six ( close) friends. It seems as soon as they found out I had Quit(1982) they would have no more to do with me.This was in spite of the fact that I was able to dodge the DF or DA bullet. ANY witness friend is a conditional friend.

• Think
    Think

TO MANY TO COUNT !!! I have the "privilege" to observe them in many different life situations. I was so shocked so many times, that my heart almost stopped. Where is the Love, the compasion, the understanding, mercy what I was deceived to believe in the "HOLY Borg" ???

Too many of them are cold, heartles, ruthles, greedy, no mercy, not helping each other, legalistic, lunatic, mental cases, severe depresion, violent, explding with anger for no reason, commiting suicides, losing faith in everything, constantly on pain killers, drug alcohol abuse, crazy mood swings, paranoia and so on, and on, and on. I ask myself the question: how this can be, why, we study the bible 5 times a week???

• tweety
    tweety

Son and daughter-in-law .... just recently my new grandson.

Daughter and son-in-law

Friends - 0

Total: 5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit