Is jesus birthday year wrong?

by Smoky 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoky
    Smoky

You guys probably heard this before, but it is a 1st for me.

I was watching some of the Jesus/Christmas HIstory documentaries over the holidays, and for the most part it was the information i heard before in documentaries, but then BAM!!,

it is said that the 'person/church' who calculated the year Jesus was born, are off by 3 to 7 years....WOW.

Have any of you heard this before?

So, does that mean the whole 1914 calculation is messed up?

smoky

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Jesus birthday is wrong, and the watchtower also claims this, but his birthday has nothing to do with the 606/607/1914 thingy.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

By the way, the 1914 is messed up but thats another story.

• Mutz
    Mutz

There is so little evidence for Jesus even being a real person it's impossible to know the correct date of his birth.

• Smoky
    Smoky

i think it does, for instance if the year is wrong by 5 years, than the occurance that happen on 1914, that the WT clearly uses as evidence of 'Jesus return", should have been on 1909 or 1919.

does that make any sense?

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

not wanting to change the subject, 1914 is based on the date when Jerusalem was destroyed, which the WTS claim is was 607bc, Charles Russel claimed it was 606bc, the dream about the tree being chopped down written in the book of Daniel is then interpreted as giving the years about 2520 years which when counted comes to 1914. It bypass's Jesus birthdate completely, it has nothing to do with it at all. Don’t you guys ever read your Watchtowers? Shame on you !

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Every year is his birthday year I guess... (unless he was born on February 29).

• Smoky
    Smoky

607bc (before christ). So, if they have the year wrong it could also be 600bc...and 1921 would be the year of his return?..no?

• badboy
    badboy

Actually 1914 should be 1934 or 1894,because the 364/5 day calendar is a modern invention,in Biblical times they used a 360 day calendar,methinks.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The 1914 year is not in any way based on the birth year of Christ but on the fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonians. It is though completely invalid for a number of other reasons and we saw that it has no value in our recent history. Nothing unusual happened in 1914 or since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit