BILL GATES PLEDGED $900 MILLION...........

by Sunnygal41 16 Replies latest social current

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

All credit to a system (and particular individuals) where you can earn enough money as an individual to actually do some good in the world.

The British government's pledge is a heap of money, but is dwarfed by this contribution

What a shame this disease wasn't knocked out when it was more manageable, and before antibiotic-resistant strains evolved

I've lost family members to this disease - it's a real scourge!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm more impressed with Bill and his charitable works than with his Microsoft accomplishment.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, I used to knock Bill Gates, but as you know I'm studying hard at the moment. I'm also living with a guy who just got over TB. Heh ironic hey?

Well, anyway, I don't use my billgates666 email address anymore. I say fairplay to the guy. I know exactly whats happening with his operating system nowdays and it's not all bad folks.

And I've yet to see anyone in the oil industry take this much interest in what's happening in the real world.

• one
    one

Who is this guy?

Is he the same person whose corporation stock went up about 5% in value today?

If you happen to know his phone number... I want to tell him that I can acomplish a good 'humanitarian' work with a mere fraction.

He seem to be the kind of nice guy atracted to the WT... some say he reads WT publications...being an IT professional by now he should be aware of the "whole story"

• ballistic
    ballistic
    some say he reads WT publications...

who says that?

They say the Queen does in England.

Is it just another Urban Legend?

• Simon
    Simon

By all accounts Bill and his wife put a lot of effort into their charity and he knows all the details of diseases and the issues in these countries.

It's nice to see someone like him giviing such massive amounts to help others, especially compared to some other CEOs who seem to spend it all on themselves and their whims.

Yes, he has an obscene amount of money but he doesn't behave in an obscene way - he seems a very decent guy.

It's just a shame he doesn't allow people to donate to his foundation where you would feel more confident that the money was being particularly well targetted.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

I am just glad he didn't put it in the box at the local klingdom hall. There would be buildings popping up in every neighborhood then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit