Is this ANONYMOUS?

by peggy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peggy
    peggy

I had an interesting discussion with my ex-husband this morning. He read something I posted here on the forum and took exception to what was written. Interestingly enough, it was written in Jan.05. Not Jan. 06! Has anyone else had problems with family members reading posts and becoming upset? I know that we have husbands and wives and also boy/girlfriends posting, also siblings. As it is, my ex-husband and I have some of our best conversations around what we read here on this forum. Even this discussion this morning was worthwhile, as I went back to that post and saw what my thoughts were a full year ago. For me, this is NOT an anonymous place to go, as I am sure it is not for others. Even this post causes some concern for how he will feel if he reads it. Any thoughts?

• slugga
    slugga

well if someone knows what name you post under its easy to click on your name on here and check what topics you have started and what posts you have made. If they dont know what name you post under they have no way of checking up on you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Except, of course, if you don't clean out your cookies and cache, and he figured out what name you were using. I use the same method to find out where my hubby has been sneaking. My policy is no secrets with my JW hubby. Fewer problems later. My hubby calls you guys my "internet bunnies."

On the other hand, I have never given out my full name, e-mail address, snail address, or phone number. I mean, there are internet spyders weaving through the web picking that stuff up.

On the internet, there are no secrets. This is a public board, viewable by all.

• hubert
    hubert

This is a little off topic, but jgnat, how do you clean out "cache"? I've done cookies and temporary internet files before, but not "cache".

My comp is getting wicked slow, and I want to speed it up, before I fall asleep waiting for it to load up.

Hubert

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Send you cash to me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The only secure way is to have a secure password and type it in each time so you can not bbe checked up on. Unless somebody starts their own account, knows your board name and clikcs on psts of that board member

• jgnat
    jgnat

We're probably talking the same thing, Hubert. If your computer is wicked slow, I suspect you have some trojans on your system. I noticed my local computer store offers a cleaning for about $90 Canadian. By "cleaning", they mean, remove all those pesky you-know-what's that get through our firewalls and lurk in hidden files and in our startup routines. I'm seriously thinking of having a professional cleaning of my system soon.

As for finding out where your partner has been, it's wicked easy for me. Once in a while I do a random search for "boobies" or "XXX" and presto, there they are. Computers these days have dozens of ways to save us from ourselves, and these files usually are tucked away in a "just in case" wastebasket somewheres.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, stilla, that could happen too. I don't let my PC "remember" my password or sign me in automatically. I sign in manually each time.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I try to be myself on here while at the same time, anything I type can be made into a domestic issue. It sux.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit