150+/200 New Congregations in US are Spanish

by daniel-p 13 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

To comment on the idea that the numbers are "fudged". I really don't think they are changed by any of the higer ups. We all know that the data they recieve from the field (especially the monthly service reports) are inaccurate, especially since we know of many (possibly ourselves included?) that have reported time that dosen't exist. Are the numbers changed from that point? I really don't think so and here is why:
    Remember that the brothers located in various braches all across the globe report these numbers into Brooklyn. I think that if the numbers where changed, it would cause an alarm with these brothers in particuliar. Besides the fact that they have printed their reports even when they look bad (1976? even this years didn't look very good). I don't think they have the ability to fudge the numbers. Of course we all know the numbers are fudged before they get to Brooklyn anyway.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Wow 200 congregations. The last figures I heard ( 4 or 5 years ago) was 7 to 8 congregations a day were being formed. What's with all the disinterest?

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Drew, what you say is interesting. Let's say the numbers are tweaked with the knowlege that the branch sends what they have but "Mother" might get more info (somehow) that can effect what is actually sent in. Really, could anyone question what "Mother" does or exactly how they compute? .....I think the Memorial partakers are bogus, too.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well, it is a logical out growth of the influx of Latino immigrants, both legal and illegal. It wasn't that many years ago I heard an elder say of the Latinos "if they want to learn the truth, let 'em first learn English!" Now the Spanish language congregations are the main area of growth! There are plenty of opportunities for publishers, who are locked out of the power stucture in the English congregations and hungry for advancement, in the foreign language fields. And especially the Spanish speaking fields since most of those folks are illegal and cannot currently be given positions according to WTBTS policies. So the English speaking congregations are being left to the deadwood by those who want to get somewhere in the system, and it is showing in the growth figures.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit