The Atheist's Book of Bible Stories - new - Bible Science

by RunningMan 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shining One
    Shining One

>We could take only one argument and it would prove the point, the sun stoping in the sky is priceless! Let's see someone try to explain that?

How do you explain any supernatural event? Premise 1: God created the universe; premise 2: God can do whatever He wants with and can interfere in the 'mechanics' all that He wants. Suspension of time? Who knows? It is totally irrelevant once you accept the presupposition that God exists. It cannot be proven, it cannot be explained yet at the same time it cannot be disproven. Why? Because no one alive today was there to measure and observe the event. As far as the rest of runningboy's latest spiel of rubbish. I don't have the time nor the desire to refute the rest. Other people here are capable of that yet they won't because they side with him.
    Rex

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    "The devil took him (Jesus) to a very high mountain and displayed before him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence...." - Matthew 4:8

Now, you could argue that the Devil used a vision to show Jesus the kingdoms, but the scripture implies that the purpose of going up the mountain was to make it possible to see the ends of the earth.

This should not be taken literally, a lot of the bible is symbolic e.g. Garden of Eden

Running man,

You obviously know nothing about science and the bible. I could bet that you would not even pass the following quiz:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0402/biblefactquiz.html ;

Not even a two-answer per question one such as

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0101/sciencequiz.html ;

You are surely destined to go to hell!

STAY AWAY FROM THAT SITE! Its a parody/satire site and a joke, do not take anything there seriously, if you don't believe me then please read their terms of service. Evanescence
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    Its a parody/satire site and a joke, do not take anything there seriously, if you don't believe me then please read their terms of service.

An even better reason to go there!

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    The point I was trying to illustrate in my first post is ,to belittle another person because he or she happens to believe in a creator makes you really look childish.If you choose to not believe ,cracking jokes and poking fun at an individual does nothing to further your cause.

If the man wants to look childish, let him look childish. But to me he doesn't seem childish at all, its the concepts he is breaking down which seem childish. My own experience with "faith" judges it as a very immature longing for something that may or may not exist. A kind of escapist lifestyle, that enables you to realise "i'm not alone, there is hope". An excuse for bad and evil things in the world, placing both the blame and the responsibility, at another real or imaginary persons feet. When it comes down to it, if you believe the Bible is literally true in every word, you are going to look childish anyway, because it is so easy to refute the simple mistakes and cock-ups that it makes, for a book purporting to be written by the celestial being who created the universe. That is *my* experience with faith.

From the Christian apologetic, there is always an excuse. Some scripture was not meant literally, or something was a type or an antitype of something else, or one word could be translated as "so-and-so" but it equally could be translated as "thingy-bob", so its not really clear what the author meant. The JWs were succesful in making the "leviathan" fit the description of a steam engine. We are all capable of fitting stories and experiences into our own world-view. I could just as easily find deep revealed truths in an episode of "Star Trek" as i could in the Bible, the Qur'an or the Bhagavad-Gita.

What Shining One said about "chugh" not necessarily meaning "circle", and "dur" not being exclusive in its use as a spherical "ball" is partly true. So in that case, why do many christians including JWs, use that as an example to strengthen their faith? Faith is supposed to be a person's "assured expectation of things unseen", and not the "proven arrival of things seen, measured and calculated". Surely one cannot have faith in something which is vague, ill-defined and to which there are many exceptions from a scientific viewpoint?

On the other hand, i have no problem with people who don't need to prove by scientific facts what the Bible says is true. If they have their own revelation and their own testimony... fine. They believe that in their hearts, and they try to be loving to each other because of it... fine. Just don't try to stretch science to ridiculous lengths to make obscure verses scientifically accurate....

STAY AWAY FROM THAT SITE! Its a parody/satire site and a joke, do not take anything there seriously, if you don't believe me then please read their terms of service.

Yeah that site is obviously a parody, I'm sure Faraon was joking when he gave those links, but i'm also quite sure that some people actually believe it to be a real Church. Ridiculousness is often not discernable by ones who already believe in the rediculous....

When i saw the page below, i almost killed myself with laughter. At first tho i believed it was real, and was raling against the ignorance of people who try to give information on things which they have little knowledge of. "Protecting Ignorant Christians from Homosexual Predators: The Homo Handshake", it makes homosexuals sound so dangerous, scaaaary, hwoooooo BWAHAHAHAHA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit