Is the Watchtower really a cult? - Watch this!

by truth_about_the_truth 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

How to become a cult leader video:

http://www.randytv.com/coreylan.ram

Is there any doubt?

• Rook
    Rook

Good one!...now i have a video to send out to jw's around the world. Thanks

• still wondering
    still wondering

no. no doubt at all. they probably use 93% of the methods mentioned in this video.

( did you know that 71.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot)!!!!!!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't know how some people even on this forum objected to the JWs being a cult when it is so damn obvious after a little careful research, and that video really hits the nail on the head.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

That's a great video but I couldn't take the goofy background music.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

LOL! love the "cult member" T-shirts...

we should have the same blue T-shirts made up that say "ex-cult members" and let's put that picture of Satan from the video on the back. ha ha ha

great clip. so weird isn't it?????? still feel like the biggest idiot for buying it for so long......

• davidsf
    davidsf

ok I stopped watching the video after a minute after the girl got her head shot. Personally I don't think the JWs are a 100% cult. By that I mean they're not a traditional cult (e.g. Jim Jones, "The Family," etc...) but have cultish aspects. Honestly I think even if the Society said all JWs must kill themselves to make it into the New System, 95% would not do it. But yes, there is a kind of brain washing involved in the religion, "make the truth your own," whatever you want to call it.

David

• Honesty
    Honesty
    But yes, there is a kind of brain washing involved in the religion, "make the truth your own," whatever you want to call it. David

When I shared what I had learned about the WTBT$ my ex said, "I've already made the truth my own and all my friends are here."

No, they're not a cult.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

davidsf, You made this statement years ago.. Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I read the KM on shunning and it looks like their policy hasn't changed since I left. I forgot to mention that when I first left 10 years ago they tried to contact me on/off for about a year before giving up. Then I didn't hear from them until recently which is why I'm so surprised.

The other reason why I just left w/o officially disassociating myself was that it was such a painful process just leaving and not going to the meetings that I didn't have the heart to disassociate myself at that time. It took a few years for me to come out of the "fog" of having been in a cult. Coming from a dysfunctional family, they were the family and community I never had. In fact I'm very thankful that I was a witness during that time. If I didn't have their support I'd probably be a homeless drug addict now, or worse, instead of a successful engineer. This is a separate topic but I wanted to bring it up because the elder that's trying to contact me now was like a brother to me. He spent a lot of time and effort helping me. I still have a little guilt today never saying goodbye and thanks to him for all his efforts and for truly loving me. That's why I find it so difficult to just return his call and talk to him.

Anyway, my plan now is to do what I did 10 years ago and just ignore their calls and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be free from them for another 10 years before they look me up again. :-)

thanks again,

David

What has changed your mind?...to me they are a cult, you said they were a cult, and my parents will dance on my bird eaten corpse if the predictions from the cult really happens. The blood from my brains they will not see, because god will shield their eyes.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I got to the part about separating from family and friends, had to turn it off. Too many painful familiar phrases.

Something that's always interested me is that, when I once had an assignment researching direct sales companies, many of their "proven" sales and recruiting techniques were strikingly similar. Just makes me wonder -- is it really a cult, or good sales ability, or what's the difference? I also wonder who came up with these techniques first -- the direct sales companies or the WTBS?

I agree, the music on that tape is creepy

willow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit