WHAT/WHERE DO WE WRITE LETTERS TO NEWS & WT??

by waiting 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello waiting,

an excellent post... many suggestions!

It is time to prepare a letter, ...a nice one.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• waiting
    waiting

THIS IS SOOOO GREAT!!!!!

And, thanks, Essie, for the actual outline to go from. I think the average (I hope who's like me) is a little/lot putoff by actually writting in letter form. Look at most of our posts here - we don't compose salutations, bodies of information going from a through d coherently, then a close, show attachaments, addresses, etc.

I know how to do it - but it's been a while.

As to the point IF the WTBTS will read our letters? Who knows? But again, it's to show that people are thinking about these things and are willing to raise their voices - even if it's left unnamed.

Btw, if no name is at the bottom - and a reason why (ENFORCED SHUNNING OF FAMILY, JOB,) then it makes sense - no matter what the position or stand of the person as to the WTBTS. Not so bad dodge, eh?

And to keep the RETURN RECEIPTS - never know.....if we all write, keep our receipt - somebody, someday might accumulate those from us to prove that there was very polite *questioning* (polite indignation) of the WTBTS.

*****Would it be appropriate when writing the WTBTS to say that we have heard there's going to be a show on Dateline about child abuse among religions - somebody told us?

And would it be appropriate, particularily if we are victims or parents of victims, to say that we have been contacted by a friend (or a friend of a friend) to speak outloud about these things which we were previously quiet for the good of the reputation of the congregation?*********

Or should we act like the average jw - and feign no knowledge of sin within the congregation?

waiting

• Maximus
    Maximus

No need to feign anything; keep it natural.

They do know about Dateline; believe me. Again, if it feels good to say it, do it.

Max

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Just a thought:

How about writting everything on a post card when writting to someone at Bethel like say James Pelechia?,JR Brown,Don Adams, or some others.

Why not put on the front that it is reguards to Pedophilia, or what ever, that way alot of people can perhaps read it because it is on a post card.

I'll defend your right to say it, but it doesn't mean I beleive it.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Max,

Again, if it feels good to say it, do it. -max

Be optimistic, be positive. I said I can, I do and I did. I got three months for it. Ken Dodd

Remember when the minimum df'ing was 3 months?

Will compose (however clumsily) today.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit